Wiki page for Academic Jobs in 20th and 21st-Century American Literature advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: 20th and 21st-Century American 2020-2021
Back to English Literature 2021-2022
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
RECENT ACTIVITY on 20th and 21st-Century American 2021-2022 Wiki
2022/04/20 20:12- 188.8.131.52 -
- New job ← Older revision Revision as of 20:12, 20 April 2022 Line 29: Line 29: == Jobs for 2022 == == Jobs for 2022 == ...
2022/03/10 14:11- 184.108.40.206 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 14:11, 10 March 2022 Line 49: Line 49: * One-year Visiting Assistant Professor of English in Asian American literature and culture....
2022/02/28 17:24- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 17:24, 28 February 2022 Line 49: Line 49: * One-year Visiting Assistant Professor of English in Asian American literature and cultu...
2022/02/28 15:40- 18.104.22.168 -
- Added a job. ← Older revision Revision as of 15:40, 28 February 2022 Line 44: Line 44: 12/08: Any updates? 12/08: Any updates?...
2022/01/12 15:21- 5120j -
- Adding categories ← Older revision Revision as of 15:21, 12 January 2022 Line 46: Line 46: == Word on the Street == == Word on...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/20th_and_21st-Century_American_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs for 2022
University of Bristol (UK) — Lecturer (tenure track equivalent) in 20th/21st C American Literature.
The Department of English at the University of Bristol seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Twentieth and Twenty-First Century American Literature (Pathway 1, level b). We seek an outstanding colleague with expertise in any area of Modern and/or Contemporary American Literatures in English. Additional expertise in contemporary African-American writing, indigenous literatures of the Americas, and/or pre-1900 American literature is welcomed.
Deadline: May 12, 2022
University of Illinois at Springfield, Department of English and Modern Languages (Springfield, IL)
- Assistant Professor of English in twentieth or twenty-first century American (U.S.) literature(s) by people of color. TT/FT, details and application link at https://jobs.uis.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=155565&job=assistant-professor-english-20th-or-21st-century-american-u-s-literature-s-by-people-of-color-155565
Job posted on Dec 1, 2021
MIT, Assistant Professor, 20th-century English-language fiction (Cambridge, MA)
11/12: Request for more materials
12/08: Any updates?
Skidmore College, Visiting Assistant Professor, Asian American literature and culture (Saratoga Springs, NY)
- One-year Visiting Assistant Professor of English in Asian American literature and culture. Additional expertise in postcolonial studies desirable. The 3/2 teaching load. NT/FT.
- Deadline extended to March 17, 2022