|Line 24:||Line 24:|
*[[English Literature 2022-2023]] (includes links to subfield pages)
*[[English Literature 2022-2023]] (includes links to subfield pages)
*[[History 2022-23]] (includes links to subfield pages)
*[[Music Theory/Composition 2022-23]]
*[[Music Theory/Composition 2022-23]]
Revision as of 00:10, 15 July 2022
Welcome to the Academic Jobs Wiki.
This is a wiki for tracking searches in various categories for academic (i.e. faculty) positions. Please post listings by subject area. Note that some areas need filling in with actual pages.
Recent Updates (entire wiki)
2022/08/19 13:48- ZoydWheeler -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 13:48, 19 August 2022 Line 96: Line 96: ==Wiki Counter== ==Wiki Counter== − Count yourself here so we have a total numb...
2022/08/19 11:02- AFII -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 11:02, 19 August 2022 (One intermediate revision by the same user not shown) Line 25: Line 25: ==Mixed/Open/Thematic== ==Mixed/Open/Thematic==...
2022/08/19 00:14- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 00:14, 19 August 2022 Line 47: Line 47: *"The Eastman School of Music of the University of Rochester seeks a composer with expertise in electroacou...
2022/08/19 00:00- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 00:00, 19 August 2022 Line 35: Line 35: #'''Stanford U''' (CA), asst. prof., open field, due 11/1/22, [https://facultypositions.stanford.edu/en-us/...
2022/08/18 23:59- 22.214.171.124 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 23:59, 18 August 2022 Line 297: Line 297: #Moravian University (PA) - Visiting Assistant Professor in Creative Writing. Posted 7 June 2022. https:/...
Recent Updates (this page only)
2022/08/17 02:17- MST3000 -
- Application Year 2022-2023 ← Older revision Revision as of 02:17, 17 August 2022 Line 23: Line 23: *[[Communication & Media Studies 2022-2023]]...
2022/08/11 13:55- 5120j -
- Application Year 2022-2023 ← Older revision Revision as of 13:55, 11 August 2022 Line 23: Line 23: *[[Communication & Media Studies 2022-2023]]...
2022/08/03 14:15- 5120j -
- Application Year 2022-2023: Spanish page 2022 ← Older revision Revision as of 14:15, 3 August 2022 Line 29: Line 29: *[[Piano 2022-2023]] *[[P...
Pages for jobs that begin in 2023:
- Anthropology 2022-2023
- Communication & Media Studies 2022-2023
- English Literature 2022-2023 (includes links to subfield pages)
- German 2022-2023
- History 2022-23 (includes links to subfield pages)
- Music Theory/Composition 2022-23
- Musicology/Ethnomusicology 2022-23
- Piano 2022-2023
- Religious Studies and Theology 2022-2023
Pages for jobs that begin in 2022:
- African & African American Studies 2021-2022
- American Studies 2021-2022
- Architectural History/Historic Preservation 2021-22
- Art History 2021-22
- Anthropology 2021-2022
- Archaeology 2021-22
- Biblical Studies 2021-2022
- Biological Anthropology 2021-2022
- Chicanx & Latinx Studies 2021-2022
- Civil and Environmental Engineering 2021-2022
- Classics 2021-2022
- Communication and Media Studies 2021-2022
- Comparative Literature 2021-2022
- Creative Writing 2022
- Critical Theory 2021-2022
- Cultural Anthropology 2021-2022
- East Asian Studies 2021-2022
- English Literature 2021-2022 (includes links to subfield pages)
- Environmental Studies 2021-2022
- Ethnic Studies 2021-2022
- Film Studies 2021-2022
- Fine Arts 2021-2022
- French and Francophone Studies 2021-22
- Geography/Geosciences 2021-2022
- German 2021-2022
- History 2021-22 (includes links to subfield pages)
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2021-2022
- Interdisciplinary Humanities and Social Sciences 2021-2022
- Italian 2021-2022
- Jewish Studies 2021-2022
- Linguistics 2021-2022
- Music Theory/Composition 2021-22
- Musicology/Ethnomusicology 2021-22
- New Media and Digital Humanities 2021-2022
- Philosophy 2021-2022
- Piano 2021-2022
- Political Science 2021-2022
- Psychology 2021-2022
- Public Humanities 2021-22
- Religious Studies and Theology 2021-2022
- Rhetoric/Composition 2021-2022
- Social Work 2021-2022
- Spanish and Portuguese 2021-2022
- Theater / Drama 2021-2022
- Queer/Women's/Gender Studies 2021-2022
Application Year 2020-2021
- African & African American Studies 2020-2021 (incl. Black Studies, etc.)
- American Studies 2020-2021
- Anthropology 2020-2021
- Applied Linguistics/TESOL 2020-2021
- Archaeology 2020-2021
- Architecture 2020-2021
- Art History 2020-21
- Asian & Asian American Studies 2020-2021
- Biblical Studies 2020-2021
- Biological Anthropology 2020-2021
- Chicanx & Latinx Studies 2020-2021
- Childrens & Young Adult Fictions 2020-2021
- Civil and Environmental Engineering 2020-2021
- Classics 2020-2021
- Communication and Media Studies 2020-2021
- Comparative Literature 2020-2021
- Creative Writing 2021
- Cultural Anthropology 2020-2021
- East Asian Studies 2020-2021 (incl. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian, etc.)
- Eastern European & Eurasian Languages & Literatures 2020-2021 (incl. Albanian, Baltic, Caucasian, Greek, Slavic, Turkic, Finno-Ugric, Uralic, etc.)
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology 2020-21
- Education (Primary, Secondary, Teacher Preparation) 2020-2021
- English Education / Primary and Secondary Literacy 2020-2021
- English Literature 2020-2021
- Environmental Studies 2020-2021
- Ethnic Studies 2020-2021
- Film Studies 2020-2021
- Fine Arts 2020-2021
- French & Francophone Studies 2020-2021
- Geography/Geospatial/GIS 2020-2021
- German 2020-2021
- Health 2020-21
- History 2020-21
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2020-2021
- Information Technology/Information Sciences 2020-2021
- Italian 2020-2021
- Jewish Studies 2020-2021
- Linguistics 2020-2021
- Materials Science and Engineering 2020-2021
- Media Studies - see New Media & Digital Humanities 2020-2021
- Middle Eastern Studies & Languages 2020-2021 (incl. Arabic, Aramaic, Armenian, Berber, Farsi, Hebrew, Kurdish, Middle Eastern Turkic, etc.)
- Music Theory/Composition 2020-21
- Musicology/Ethnomusicology 2020-21
- Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering 2020-21
- Native American Studies 2020-2021
- New Media & Digital Humanities 2020-2021
- Northern European Studies & Languages 2020-2021 (incl. Afrikaans, Danish, Dutch, Icelandic, Norwegian, Scots, Swedish, Yiddish, etc.)
- Operation Research (Business schools or Industrial Eng) 2020-2021
- Philosophy 2020-2021
- Physics 2020-2021
- Piano 2020-21
- Political Science 2020-2021
- Psychology 2020-2021
- Queer/Women's/Gender Studies 2020-2021
- Religious Studies and Theology 2020-2021
- Rhetoric & Composition 2020-2021
- Social Work 2020-2021
- South Asian, Indian Ocean, & Himalayan Studies & Languages 2020-2021
- Spanish and Portuguese 2020-2021
- Theatre / Drama 2020-2021
- Translation Studies 2020-2021
- Voice / Opera 2020-2021
Dissertation Fellowships (Research, Completion, Predoctoral)
- Tenure Year 2022-2023
- Tenure Year 2021-2022
- Tenure Year 2020-2021
- Tenure Year 2019-2020
- Tenure Year 2018-2019
- Tenure Year 2017-2018
- Tenure Year 2016-2017
- Tenure Year 2015-2016
- Tenure Year 2014-2015
- Tenure Year 2013-14 (Applications due Fall 2012 and Spring 2013)
- Tenure Year 2012-13
- Tenure Year 2011-12
- Tenure Year 2010-11
Discussing job hunt experiences
- Which Academic Jobs Wiki Updater Are You? - brutal quiz for when it gets too real
- Universities to Fear and some Universities to Love
- Dear Search Committees
- Donald Trump and Michael Bérubé's Perfect Academy: Two Tenure Tracks
- Critique of Alt-Ac and Patronizing Tenured-Adjunct Relations
- The Venting Page
- A reply: Dear Applicants/Finalists
- Another reply: Dear Tenured Faculty: please do something ethical, like retire
- (hilarious animation video) SO YOU WANT TO GET A PHD IN THE HUMANITIES: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7451115/?ref=nf
- . . . and the counterpoint to this hilarity: http://zunguzungu.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/you-cannot-possibly-be-this-stupid/
- And another point of consideration: http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2010/11/02/yes-i-want-to-get-a-ph-d-in-the-humanities/
- No offense, but this video is utterly innane. Grad school? Lovely time, yes. Then you're 30-35 and unemployable. Cheers. I'm glad you had fun.
- On the auteur of the original video (and the Xtranormal phenom in general): "So You Think an English Professor's Life Is a Cartoon" (Chronicle)
- Diversifying the (white) Academy. FYI: This, too, is comic relief of the best kind!: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7477411
- 9interviews.com ... comic relief about the agony of finding a job in academia (Please add more!!)
- Anyone looking ahead to the next job season and needing a good laugh might like to check out this MLA spoof. It's ongoing and borderline brilliant.
- MLA Jobs - Putting the "AACK!" in the tenure track
- When in Academia tumblr: When you go on the job market for the first time.
Exhaustig, as my chums from school
Did grum and gream at Em Allay:
All mopesy was the Chronicule,
But we’d been twerking all day.
“Beware the Jobberwik, my son!
Five-minute tasks shall take five days!
Beware the Letter Service! Shun
its mislaid dossiers!”
Took hours to choose our vorpal pens:
And sighned our coverlets with pride –
And threw Seevees into the breeze,
And sat awhile, and cried.
And as we kvented and kvetched
The Jobberwik, that pushy moocher,
Shtiffled past us as we retched,
And sketchered at our futures!
Oi veh! Oi veh! All night, all day
At Em Allay we groamed and grobbed –
And left half-dead, but in our heads
The slight hope we’d been jobbed.
“And shall we feed the Jobberwik?
And shall we gain or lose employ?
Regardless, shall we kill morale,
or fight despair with joy?”
Exhaustig, as my chums from school
Did grum and gream at Em Allay:
All mopesy was the Chronicule,
But we’d been twerking all day.
- Academic Blog Roll :(I hope it's good).
- The Myth of PhD "Overproduction"
- History "Job Czar" Shuts Down Phd Production; PhD "Oversupply" Continues For Two Decades.
- We Work
- [IMHO Bousquet has hit the nail on the head here, whether we like it or not.]
- Graduate School in the Humanities: Just Don't Go, Thomas H. Benton, Chronicle of Higher Ed. - Jan. 2009.
- The Big Lie about the 'Life of the Mind'
- The Long-Haul Degree (NYT 4/18/10)
- Stop Admitting Ph.D. Students
- Useful article today (10/13/10) about applying for tenure-track jobs
- New ranking system for hiring faculty/weeding applications? (InsideHigherEd 10/12/10)
- The ritual satisfaction of stating the Grim Facts about the job market
- Advice for Skype Interviews (Tenured Radical, Nov. 2010)
- Tell Us About Your Dissertation: And Other Commonly Fumbled Interview Questions (Tenured Radical, Dec. 2010)
- "The Disposable Academic" (Economist article, 12/16/10)
- Law School Grads get Debts, not Jobs(This is somewhat tangential to the subject of academic jobs, but it shows that the problem of finding jobs after grad school is endemic. It's a good article to send to eager undergrad seniors who are applying to law school. Not that they'll listen.) - Did any of us listen when told not to go to Graduate School? It's the other guy who can't get a job; I'll be fine.
- What I Tell My Graduate Students (Chronicle, March 7, 2011)
- "Survivor's Guilt" (Chronicle, March 15, 2011)
- "A Little Calcitrance"
- If you're thinking of taking a visiting position,or might even turn down a tenure-track job for a temp. gig, read this piece (IHE March 28, 2011): Essay on the Flaws of Becoming a Visiting Professor
- How to Play Left Field at Job Interviews (Chronicle, Sept. 26 2011) - advice on handling Universities to fear - type interview situations.
- Articles in Chronicle "Profhacker" blog on using the Wiki: Intro / Anonymity on the Wiki and Wiki Shortcuts.
- Relevant to anyone in the humanities: Why Graduate Students Ignore Warnings about the Job Market
- MUST READ FOR ALL SEARCH COMMITTEES and HR Officers: "The Art of Rejection" (Chronicle, Jan 22, 2012)
- A really excellent article about the job search process (in communication - but might apply to all. I'm not the author of the article, I just enjoyed reading it. (2012). "I know I'm unlovable": Despiration, Dislocation, Despair and Discourse on the Academic Job Hunt"
- From Graduate School to Welfare - "The Ph.D. Now Comes with Food Stamps" - CHE article, May 6, 2012 --> UPDATE (2013): "From Welfare to the Tenure Track" (Oct 25, 2013)
- #Altac and the Tenure Track - CHE article, May 23, 2012
- The Sweet Spot of a Nonacademic Job Search (CHE, Jan. 2, 2012)
- Would We Want A Less Educated Nation? Defending the PhD [CHE, June 13, 2012]
- For historians: William Palmer, "All Coherence Gone? A Cultural History of Leading History Departments in the United States, 1970-2010", The Journal of the Historical Society, Vol. 12, No. 2 (June 2012), pp. 111-153.
- "On Not Knowing: Why I Avoided the Academic Jobs Wiki " (2012) - It's worth a read.
- Grim Job Talks are a Buzz Kill (CHE July 16, 2012)
- Inside Higher Ed: What New Faculty Members Need to Know about Salaries (Sept. 5, 2012)
- Chronicle: Minding Your Manners for the Conference Interview - Sept. 9, 2012
- Inside Higher Ed: Colorado State Criticized for Job Post Favoring Recent PhDs (Sept. 11, 2012) ... and the controversy spreads to Harvard, Inside Higher Ed: Restricted Entry Redux, September 17, 2012.
- Chronicle: "Stale Ph.D.'s Need Not Apply" - September 19, 2012
- Inside Higher Ed: "Going on the Job Market, ABD" - September 19, 2012 and Part 2 (September 26, 2012)
- Love in the Ruins: or, Should I Go To Grad School? (Nov. 13, 2012)
- Should I Go to Grad School in the Humanities? One Person's Opinion (November 14, 2012)
- Chronicle: What Search Committees Wish You Knew - January 2, 2013
- Inside Higher Ed: Strategic Job-Hunting - January 4, 2013 (Report from MLA 2013)
- Graduate School Is a Means to a Job
- ‘We Ask That You Do Not Call Us Professor’
- "The Humanities Ph.D. at Work" - Chronicle, Feb. 21, 2013 (challenges of non-academic careers for Hum. PhDs)
- "12 Job Interview Bloopers to Avoid," Chronicle, Feb. 25, 2013
- "Making Yourself 'Fit'" (essay on issues of 'fit' when applying for jobs at teaching institutions) - March 13, 2013 - Inside Higher Ed
- "The Etiquette of Accepting a Job Offer" - Chronicle, April 2013
- "Thesis Hatement: Getting a literature Ph.D. will turn you into an emotional trainwreck, not a professor" - Slate, April 2013
- A response to "Thesis Hatement" - "Thesis Defense: No, it's not a waste of time to get a literature Ph.D. " - Slate, April 2013
- "Self-Sabotage in the Academic Career" - Chronicle, April 29, 2013
- "The Long Odds of the Tenure-Track Job Search" Chronicle, May 19, 2013 (subscription only). Full text posted HERE .
- Why Your Job Cover Letter Sucks (and what you can do to fix it)
- Modest Requests From a Pair of Job Seekers (Chronicle, 28 August 2013)
- How the Job Search Differs at Community Colleges: The application, the interview, and even the offer are not the same (Chronicle 11/18/13)
- The Career Tree: Six Tips From "Six Minutes in Our Shoes" (HigherEdJobs 11/2013)
- Leading Versus Managing (HigherEdJobs 12/2013)
- Writing Cover Letters for Academic Jobs at Teaching Institutions (IHE 24 Jan. 2014)
- "Reflections from a Visiting Professor" (IHE, 16 July 2014)
- "The Professor Is In: I Didn’t Get the Job. Can I Ask Why?" Chronicle Vitae, 22 July 2014
- "Is Your Cover Letter Persuasive?" HigherEdJobs, 8 Aug. 2014
- "The Rise of the Post-Post-Postdoc". Chronicle Vitae, Aug. 12, 2014.
- "Brand Yourself as a Person of Talent, Not a Job Seeker " HigherEdJobs, Aug. 13, 2014
- 'A Dozen Sentences That Should Appear In Your (Academic) Job Application Letter' (University of Washington)
- "Who's Getting Tenure-Track Jobs?" (Announcement of Chronicle Vitae Project) 08/26/14
- "Academic Job Search: A Playbook for the Internal Candidate " HigherEdJobs, Sept. 2014
- "The Future of Higher Education " HigherEdJobs, Oct. 2014
- "Everything you need to know about getting a job in Silicon Valley " Jobmanji, Oct. 2014
- "A Manifesto for the Freelance Academic." Chronicle Vitae, Oct. 31, 2014
- "Attending a Conference as an Introvert" - HigherEdJobs - 8/4/15
- "The $1,000 Job Interview That Will Not Die" (results of MLA 2015 Vancouver Expenses Report) - ChronicleVitae 1/08/15
- An Economist’s Critique of Job Market for English Ph.D.s - IHE (Jan. 8 2015)
- "Knowing When to Say When" - Chronicle - 15 July 2015 (article on deciding when to leave academic job market)
- "On the Academic Job Market, Does Patience Pay Off?" (on Chronicle's Academic Job Tracker Project) - 04 Oct. 2015
- "Academic Job Hunts From Hell: The Fake Search" - Chronicle - 04 Oct. 2015
- "Academic Job Hunts From Hell: Inappropriate, Hostile, and Awkward Moments" - Chronicle - 06 Dec. 2015
- "Get Ahead of the Competition - 5 Steps to Prepare for Your Job Search " - HigherEdJobs (11/1/16)
- "Academic Waste" - Vitae (2/23/16)
- "'It's Like Writing Yourself into a Codependent Relationship with Someone Who Doesn't Even Want You!' Emotional Labor, Intimacy, and the Academic Job Market in Rhetoric and Composition" - College Composition and Communication (9/27/16)
- "Four Questions You Shouldn’t Ask an Interviewer " - HigherEdJobs (6/19/17)
- "Don’t Overlook These Gimme Interview Questions " - HigherEdJobs (8/23/17)
- "Preparing for a Dozen Types of Interviews " - HigherEdJobs (9/14/17)
- "You Scored Your Dream Job, but It's Not Working Out. Now What? " - HigherEdJobs (11/2/17)
- "Only Superstars Use Coaches for Their Job Searches " - HigherEdJobs (11/20/17)
- "Transitioning to a New Job: A Guide for Introverts " - HigherEdJobs (12/13/17)
- "How to Correctly Answer the Most Important Interview Question " - HigherEdJobs (12/18/17)
- "How to Perform Well When Interviewers Ask Bad Questions " - HigherEdJobs (2/19/18)
- "Should You Design Your Own Higher Ed Job? " - HigherEdJobs (3/13/18)
- "Tips for Transitioning into Higher Ed " - HigherEdJobs (3/26/18)
- "How to Revive Dying Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities in the United States" - HigherEdJobs (4/18/18)
- "The Secret to Likability" - HigherEdJobs (5/7/18)
- "How to Recognize and Escape a Toxic Workplace" - HigherEdJobs (6/15/18)
- "Preparing for the All-Important Telephone or Video Interview" - HigherEdJobs (8/24/18)
- "Customizing College for a New Generation" - HigherEdJobs (10/15/18)
- "How Employers Measure Emotional Intelligence in Candidates" - HigherEdJobs (11/27/18)
- "Why a Job Candidate’s Personal Brand Matters" - HigherEdJobs (12/18/18)
- "Is It Time for a Resume Makeover?" - HigherEdJobs (1/1/19)
- "How Demographic Change Is Transforming the Higher Ed Landscape" - HigherEdJobs (2/18/19)
- "Staying Healthy in a Competitive Professional Culture" - HigherEdJobs (2/20/19)
- "Why Historically Black Colleges and Universities Matter" - HigherEdJobs (2/27/19)
- "Preparing for Your Next Higher Education Job during a Market Downturn" - HigherEdJobs (3/11/19)
- "Moving On from a Job You Loved" - HigherEdJobs (3/13/19)
- "How to Balance Work and School" " - Salarship (11/22/2019)
- " An Argument for Reading More and Writing Less" - Times Higher Education (1/31/20) (open access here)
Academic Networking and Job Resources
- You on the Market - Academic job market advice and resources maintained by a current Assistant Professor. Aimed at Humanities Ph.D.s but some information, like interviewing tips and keeping track of job applications, useful for all.
- English, Spanish, French and German language specialists needed at https://paraphrasetools.com . Work invlolves consultations on language software development.
- www.academicgates.com- An academic job board for reseach communities both in academia and industry in US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, EU countries, and others over the world. Recuiters can post job free very easily, job seekers can find the job very fast. Everyday, there are thousand academic positions posted in academicgates.com. They include Master , PhD , Postdoc , Lecturer , Professor , Researcher , and other universities jobs .
- www.highered360.com - A comprehensive collection of resources that have been gathered for higher ed professionals. It includes links to faculty, staff, and administrative job announcements, listings of professional associations, conferences, and much more!
- www.careersinhe.com - UK based jobboard for academic and non academic jobs.
- http://www.AcademicCareers.com - a global university job site used by colleges and universities to advertise teaching jobs, education jobs, professor jobs, faculty jobs. Jobs in all functional areas. Job seekers can use all applicant services for free. such as email alerts when matching jobs are posted and/or post a resume. Jobs in countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, and all over Europe, Asia, Middle East.
- Plagiarism research team needed. For exploration of plagiarism in mathematical, IT and sociology. Plagiarismchecker.eu
- Academic Positions Network - Academic, Research and Science jobs in Europe. http://www.academicpositions.eu/
- Jobric - jobric.com - is a UK-based job portal launched in 1998 by academics at the University of Hull built on algorithms that produce job offers in various areas of the UK.
- Joblift search: India (http://www.sarkarialertblog.com ), Germany (http://joblift.de), France (http://joblift.fr), Netherlands (http://joblift.nl) the United States (http://joblift.com ) and the UK (http://joblift.uk) you will find over 4,5 million job offers.
- Academic job board owned by the sector - jobs.ac.uk is the leading international job board for careers in academic, research, science and related professions. Launched in 1998 by the University of Warwick, jobs.ac.uk now advertises for over 7,000 organisations worldwide including universities, research institutions, colleges, charities and commercial organisations. Includes over 900 careers advice articles and FREE careers ebooks developed especially for people working in Higher Education.
- Jobted (https://www.jobted.com) aggregates job vacancies from all career sites, job boards and recruitment agencies both in the US and abroad. Jobted operates in the following countries: UK, Australia, Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Spain, USA , Brazil and India.
- ResearchCalls.com is a portal for academicians, students, professors and researchers to find best venue to publish their research results, find conference call for papers, select most appropriate journals, get updates about journal special issues, as well as lude webinar cfps. ResearchCalls also includes a dedicated section for academic jobs and financial aids for academicians, such as PhD and Postdoc scholarships, grant submissions, travel grants, and similar.
- Vitae's JobTracker 2013-14 Job Listings Data - who got hired?
- AcademicRoom is a next-generation social club conceived at Harvard for rising scholars to market themselves by creating profiles, networking with established scholars in their subfield, and curating resources such as lecture vidoes, journal articles, digital books, manuscripts and bibliographies. http://www.academicroom.com/
- Academia.edu is a hybrid of Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. http://academia.edu/
- Academic Jobs International for academia and industry (36 countries, mainly USA and Europa): www.careeredu.eu
- Academic Job board offering Phd positions, Postdoc positions, assistant- associate- and full professorships, great 'working abroad' coverage for The Netherlands and valuable link-section: 
- www.lostscholars.com a new, free and open source academic jobs website where anybody can post jobs anonymously
- Academic Jobs Europe - Jobs.edu.eu is an academic job board for academic, Science and Research jobs in the Europe. Employers can post jobs for free and jobseekers can apply to jobs for free. It has separate web section for each country of the Europe. Currently offered in English, French and Spanish languages
- #Alt-Academy - Alternative Academic Careers for Humanities Scholars
- Are you on the academic job market? Researchers at Washington State University would like to hear about your experiences! The study involves completing confidential online questionnaires before and after each on-campus interview to which you are invited. Participants will be compensated. To learn more, contact Dr. Kristen Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our study webpage http://research.vancouver.wsu.edu/organizational-diversity-and-inclusion-lab/academic-interview-study
- CFPlist.com offers a clean, innovative way to search calls for papers, chapters, and articles. The site’s organization and streamlined, user-friendly interface distinguishes it from other CFP sites. Scholars can search by the three criteria: time (date), space (geography), and content (category): www.CFPlist.com
- The Chronicle of Higher Education offers forums for discussing myriad higher ed related topics (job market, publication, tenure, leaving academia, etc.): http://chronicle.com/forums/
- theCommons - an index of new research in the humanities.
- EU job board for researchers: www.euraxess.eu
- Educators on Demand: just-in-time adjunct faculty recruitment and placement network. Candidates assemble detailed credential dossiers so that employers can make rapid hiring decisions to fill adjunct vacancies, often on tight deadlines. www.educatorsondemand.org
- University of Phoenix - Faculty Jobs
- Global Academy Jobs is the 2nd largest Academic and Research Job Board in the UK and the 5th largest in the world, offering specialised vacancies within the Academic and Research Sectors.
- Greater Washington State Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (GWS HERC) has job postings for academic and non-academic jobs in Washington State.
- The Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) has academic jobs at 550+ colleges, universities, teaching hospitals, labs, and government agencies and search tools for dual-career couples. http://www.hercjobs.org
- Helium Podcast - A podcast for PhDs who believe they should be more impactful than their h-index. Episodes focus on navigating the skills and ideas that will make your career impactful (e.g., mentoring, effective collaboration, convergent science).
- HigherEdJobs - Finding the right job doesn’t have to be hard. Since 1996, HigherEdJobs has been making it easier to advance your academic career with the most comprehensive, easy-to-use website for connecting you to your perfect job in academia. Search job openings in 200+ faculty, administrative, and executive categories. With a free job seeker account, you can post your resume/CV for employers to view, receive job announcements that meet your search criteria via email, and stay up-to-date with higher education news and career resources.
- HigherEd360 - Comprehensive website that has resources like university profiles, a calendar of academic conferences, and job listings.
- H-Net Job Guide -The Job Guide posts academic position announcements in History and the Humanities, the Social Sciences, and Rhetoric and Composition, and serves a broad audience of administrators, faculty members, archivists, librarians, and other professionals in the humanities and social sciences. The Job Guide is fully sortable and searchable, and is available via email and the web at no cost to the jobseeker.
- Humanities Commons — A non-profit, open-access scholarly network and paper-sharing platform for people working in the humanities. Hosted by a consortium of scholarly societies and headed by the MLA.
- Interfolio’s Dossier service has changed its pricing. You can now collect materials and recommendation letters for free. If you want to send letters to search committees, there’s a flat yearly fee ($48) for up to 50 deliveries. But if you’re applying to a school that uses Interfolio to run the search, you only need the free version.
- Gigajob Uk - Job search engine to find academic postions in UK.
- The Job Scholar - aggregates academic and non-academic jobs for MAs and PhDs in humanities.
- jobs.myScience.ch - The job portal for researchers and scientists in Switzerland: www.jobs.myscience.ch
- myScience.cc - Worldwide job portal for researchers and scientists: www.jobs.myscience.cc
- Researchgate is geared more towards the academic in the pure sciences. http://www.researchgate.net/
- Sterneworks Academe page - professionalization resources focusing on Communication Studies (but of broader relevance: job search, transition from student to prof, tenure process, academic couples, etc.) http://sterneworks.org/academe/
- Purejobs - Worldwide job portal for professionals searching jobs in the sciences: www.pure-jobs.com
- UniJobs.com - a jobs board with openings from around the world including Europe, Asia, the US, Africa, Australia and the United Arab Emirates www.UniJobs.com
- Creative Content Writing - Professional Content Writing Services jobs
- Jobatus - Academic jobs in Spain www.jobatus.es
- Noticiastrabajo - Job offer and work in Spain www.noticiastrabajo.es
- NursingFacultyJobs.com - academic positions in nursing - https://jobs.nursingfacultyjobs.com
- The MLA Job List for Everyone (domain expired) - Chronicle article on this site: "Faculty Group Leaks MLA Jobs List in Dispute Over Free Access" - September 24, 2012
- LabRoots.com is a networking and collaboration space for all sciences, and includes the LabRoots Jobs page with science-related job postings worldwide
- The Job Search Blog for everyone - Article on this site include How To Taking Control of Your Job Search Now - November 30, 2012
- Council of Independent Colleges Map
- AWP Career Services (https://www.awpwriter.org/careers/career_services_overview) only charges $5.00 per upload no matter how many letters you send to an individual address and always sends all letters in one single e-mail
- Trovit - Job search engine for classified ads for jobs http://job.trovit.com/
- Jrec: Academic jobs in Japan
- Dear Colleagues, Please consider examining the two following links, in particular if you are currently graduate students or if you supervise graduate students. The MLA Committee on the Status of Graduate Students in the Profession has recently created this document entitled "Improving Institutional Circumstances for Graduate Students in Languages and Literatures: Recommendations for Best Practices and Evaluative Questions" which addresses issues facing our current graduate students. Please spread the word as much as possible. Committee Website: http://www.mla.org/comm_grad Document Link: http://www.mla.org/pdf/csgspguidelines_2013.pdf
- The Professor Is In (Karen Kelsky's blog): job market advice and more.
- brandEDU Academic branding services, advice, and more.
- academicjobsonline.org : Full service online faculty recruitment site for academic institutions worldwide in all disciplines. We offer unique solutions tailored for academic communities. Free for applicants and reference letter writers, and we also offer free application package eDelivery service for employers.
- The Professor Is Out - Resources for internationals looking for academic positions in the USA.
- Academic Job Market Support Network - Repository for sample jobs materials for humanities phds.
- WhatJobs Ireland - A great job board to find academic jobs in Ireland.
- WhatJobs Global - A great job board to find academic jobs in the United Kingdom, United States, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Austria and Switzerland.
- ALPHAJUMP - Innovative job-matching platform for people based in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Jobs Worldwide - Unique site to find academic jobs worldwide.
Non-Academic Career Resources
- The Leveraged PhD - resources and courses on developing a personal brand to market yourself outside of academia or develop a side hustle
- Beyond the Professoriate: http://beyondprof.com/ Founded by L. Maren Woo, PhD in 2017, Beyond Prof provides professional development support to graduate students and PhDs. Free monthly events, an annual online conference, courses, blogs, and more. Lots of high quality free programming.
- Linked In Group: PhD Careers Outside of Academia
- Connected Academics Resources, columns by academics who have transitioned out of the academy, and lots of advice on finding and preparing yourself for non-academic careers. A project of the Modern Language Association.
- Jobmanji A growing database of academic jobs in the USA, Canada and UK.
- The Versatile PhD, new home of Wrk4us, an international email discussion list on nonacademic careers for people with graduate education in Humanities, Education, and Social Science disciplines.
- Campulse, the Online Magazine for Learners and all those who seek good resources on Education, Career and Placements.
- National Assocation of Independent Schools website - includes a national list of teaching positions open at independent college prep schools.
- PhD Jobs: Tips for Transitioning from Academia to the Private Sector
- The Leaving Academe forum at the Chronicle of Higher Education
- Totallyhired.com Search jobs from leading Companies and Specialist Recruitment agencies currently hiring. Get hired fast with Totallyhired.===
- http://www.beyondacademe.com/ is a great resource for historians or others wanting to do public history, digital humanities, etc.
- Tips for Converting Your CV Into a Resume
- See also the career advice columns 'Leaving Academia' and 'On the Fence' at Inside Higher Ed: http://www.insidehighered.com/advice
- Eliza Woolf, who writes 'On the Fence' also has a related blog: http://phd-onthefence.blogspot.com
- #alt-academy: Alternate Academic Careers for Humanities Scholars
- Webcomic about leaving academia: Literary Emergency
- New website aggregating advice, resources, links, and support for people who think they might need or want to leave academia: http://www.howtoleaveacademia.com. Also includes a blogroll with a ton of blogs from folks who have left.
- "Humanities Unbound: Careers & Scholarship Beyond the Tenure Track" - April 23, 2013 ·
- jobs.ac.uk has careers advice content for people considering a career outside academia including an ebook 10 Career Paths for PhDs and lots of tips in their recording of a Google+ hangout 'How to Secure a Job after your PhD ' .
- freelance junior: Freelancer jobs for students in Germany
- FindWritingJob.com - freelance writing jobs
- Campusjäger A free tool to find entry-level jobs, internships and positions as a working student in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
- Hired.com : Online job board containing mostly IT and software-based employment
- The Academic Blueprint - Blog and resources on how to develop a professional resume and cover letter after academia.
- Jobs-regional - The LINUS WITTICH Jobportal contains not only regional jobsoffers, but also helpful resources for blue collar candidates.
- Talent Sail - Professional recruitment agency for job seekers.
- Documenting the experiences of working with academic journals in the humanities. Which journals move quickly on submission? Which journals give useful feedback? Which journals help your research reach an audience? Go to Humanities Journals Wiki to see others' experiences and add your EJSD Journal
Previous Application Year Archives (2009-2020)
- African-American / Africana Studies: see also Ethnic Studies 2019-2020
- American Studies 2019-2020
- Applied Linguistics/TESOL 2019-2020
- Archaeology 2019-2020 see Archaeology Jobs 2019-2020
- Art History 2019-2020
- Asian-American Studies: see Ethnic Studies 2019-2020
- Biological Anthropology 2019-2020
- Civil and Environmental Engineering 2019-2020
- Classics 2019-2020
- Communication and Media Studies 2019-2020
- Comparative Literature 2019-2020
- Creative Writing 2019-2020
- Cultural Anthropology 2019-2020
- Dissertation Fellowships 2019-2020
- East Asian Studies, Languages, and Literatures 2019-2020 (incl. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian, etc.)
- Eastern European & Eurasian Languages & Literatures 2019-2020 (incl. Albanian, Baltic, Caucasian, Greek, Slavic, Turkic, Finno-Ugric, Uralic, etc.)
- Education: Education 2019-2020
- English Literature 2019-2020
- Environmental Studies 2019-2020
- Ethnic Studies 2019-2020 (incl. African-American, Asian-American, Latinx, Native American, Pacific Islander, etc.)
- Film Studies 2019-2020
- Fine Arts 2019-2020
- Generalist and Open 2019-2020
- Geography 2019-2020
- German Studies 2019-2020
- Health Sciences 2019-2020
- History 2019-20
- Human Rights / Humanitarianism 2019-2020
- Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2019-2020
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Science/Information Technology/HCI 2019-2020
- Interdisciplinary Humanities and Liberal Arts 2019-2020
- Japanese Literatures/Japanese Studies 2019-2020, see East Asian Studies, Languages, and Literatures 2019-2020
- Jewish Studies 2019-2020
- Latino/a/x Studies: see Ethnic Studies 2019-2020
- Linguistics 2019-2020
- Material Science and Engineering 2019-2020
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering 2019-2020
- Middle Eastern Studies & Languages 2019-2020 (incl. Arabic, Aramaic, Armenian, Berber, Farsi, Hebrew, Kurdish, Middle Eastern Turkic, etc.)
- Music Theory/Composition 2019-20
- Musicology/Ethnomusicology 2019-20
- Native American Studies: see Ethnic Studies 2019-2020
- New Media and Digital Humanities 2019-2020
- Religious Studies & Theology 2019-2020
- Rhetoric/Composition 2019-2020
- Romance Languages and Literatures 2019-2020 (French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.)
- Spanish and Portuguese 2019-2020
- Piano 2019-2020
- Psychology 2019-2020
- Public Administration
- Public Policy 2019-2020
- Queer/Women's/Gender Studies 2019-2020
- Scandinavian & Other Germanic Languages & Literatures 2019-2020 (except German & English, incl. Afrikaans, Danish, Dutch, Icelandic, Norwegian, Scots, Swedish, Yiddish, etc.)
- Social Work 2019-2020
- Theatre / Drama 2019-2020
- Translation Studies 2019-2020
- Urban Studies / Planning 2019-2020
- Voice/Opera 2019-2020