Wiki page for Academic Jobs in American Literature with an Open or Generalist specialization advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: American Open 2020-2021
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
See also English Literature 2021-2022
See also American Studies 2021-2022
RECENT ACTIVITY on American Open 2021-2022 Wiki
2022/01/12 15:22- 5120j -
- Adding categories ← Older revision Revision as of 15:22, 12 January 2022 Line 42: Line 42: ==Word on the Street== ==Word on the...
2021/10/30 18:34- 188.8.131.52 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 18:34, 30 October 2021 Line 36: Line 36: ==Jobs for 2022== ==Jobs for 2022== ⚫ #CSU Fresno (Fresno, CA, USA). TT As...
2021/10/30 18:33- 184.108.40.206 -
- added a job ← Older revision Revision as of 18:33, 30 October 2021 Line 38: Line 38: #Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida, USA): Tenure Tr...
2021/10/29 15:52- 220.127.116.11 -
- Added job posting from Texas State University. ← Older revision Revision as of 15:52, 29 October 2021 Line 37: Line 37: #Florida Stat...
2021/10/12 14:00- 18.104.22.168 -
- Added Job Posting for honors English position at Louisiana Scholars' College at Northwestern State University. ← Older revision Revision as of 14:00, 12 October 2021...
View page history: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/American_Open_2021-2022?action=history
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/American_Open_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs for 2022
- CSU Fresno (Fresno, CA, USA). TT Assistant Professor in U.S. Literature, with an emphasis in environmental colonialism and/or social justice. Preference will be given to candidates whose research focuses on the pre-1900 era. Deadline Nov. 3. https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/504643/us-literature-assistant-professor
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida, USA): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position in literary studies, specializing in eco-criticism, ecological approaches or environmental literatures to begin Fall 2022. Open period/genre/secondary specializations. Deadline November 1st. https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=49889&PostingSeq=1
- Louisiana Scholars' College at Northwestern State University (Natchitoches, LA, USA): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position in honors English (open specialty) to begin Fall 2022. Initial review of applicants begins November 1st, but position is open until filled. https://agency.governmentjobs.com/louisiana/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=3256652
- Texas State University (San Marcos, TX, US): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position in American Literature and Culture before 1900 to begin Fall 2022. Preference given to the ability to teach and conduct research in one (or more) of the following areas: Indigenous, Latinx, African American, and/or Afro-Caribbean writing in English; and ability to teach and conduct research in one (or more) of the following areas: conquest and colonialism studies, gender studies, and/or environmental humanities. Experience in mentoring and advising under-represented students preferred. Deadline November 17. https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/36825