RECENT ACTIVITY on Biblical Studies 2020-2021 Wiki
2021/03/03 17:25- 5120j -
- added RSS ← Older revision Revision as of 17:25, 3 March 2021 Line 1: Line 1: + == RECENT ACTIVITY on Biblical Studies 2020-2021 Wiki == +...
2021/02/17 19:41- 22.214.171.124 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 19:41, 17 February 2021 Line 1: Line 1: − '''Lecturer Specializing in Scripture''' + '''Lecturer Specializing in Scripture__University of Dayton'...
2021/02/17 19:40- 126.96.36.199 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 19:40, 17 February 2021 Line 1: Line 1: + '''Lecturer Specializing in Scripture''' + + + + At the Univ...
2020/11/21 21:13- 188.8.131.52 -
- Created blank page New page...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Biblical_Studies_2020-2021?feed=rss&action=history
Lecturer Specializing in Scripture__University of Dayton
At the University of Dayton, we are looking for new faculty whose passion aligns with our mission. If . . .
a focus on meaningful research that advances the common good,
exploration and implementation of innovative teaching approaches,
shaping the next generation of theology students,
engagement in impactful service opportunities,
and joining a collegial group of theology and religious studies faculty sounds appealing…
Then apply today!
Additionally, the Dayton area offers a low-cost of living; many people who are interested in and knowledgeable about aviation, bicycles, and space exploration; the nation’s largest paved trail network (340 miles!); and a merging of 5 waterways that lends its name to the Five Rivers MetroParks. It's a great place to live!
The University of Dayton, Department of Religious Studies, seeks applications for a full-time two-year lecturer position in Scripture starting August 16, 2021 with the possibility of renewal. Responsibilities include teaching the undergraduate introductory course in religion, general introductions to the Old Testament and New Testament, as well as more specialized undergraduate and graduate scriptural courses. The ordinary teaching responsibility for the position is four courses per semester, with negotiation possible for extra service work. The Department of Religious Studies offers introductory and advanced courses in the University's Common Academic Program for undergraduates, supports a major and minor in Religious Studies and Theology, offers M.A.s in Theological Studies and Pastoral Ministry, and features a Ph.D. in Theology, with a focus on U.S. Catholic experience.
· Must have completed all requirements for doctorate in Scripture (Old Testament, New Testament, or both) or in Theology with a scriptural focus;
· Must demonstrate successful teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level
· Must show evidence of ability and interest for engaging Scripture in theologically and pastorally meaningful ways, through teaching, research, and/or service to church and community;
· Must articulate an ability to contribute to Catholic intellectual traditions and the characteristics of Marianist higher education.
Preferred qualifications. While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
· Demonstrate knowledge of Catholic intellectual traditions and the characteristics of Marianist higher education;
· Successful teaching experience as instructor of record;
· Successful experience with online and/or hybrid teaching;
· Record of quality scholarship;
· Abilities to serve, lead, and collaborate within a department;
· Abilities to serve and collaborate within the broader university community;
· Effective interpersonal communication skills;
· Effective oral communication skills;
· Commitment to breadth of education, including education of the whole person in the Marianist tradition and a commitment of service to the community, university and profession.
A complete application for the position consists of a letter of intent which addresses all the required qualifications listed above and as many preferred qualifications as apply, a c.v., unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, a summary of teaching evaluations or other evidence of successful teaching, and the contact information of three references. Letters of reference will be solicited at a later stage of the process. If the doctorate degree is not on the transcript, the applicant should make sure that they submit another form of evidence of degree completion.
Please address inquiries to Rev. Silviu Bunta, Chair of Lecturer Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please go to: https://employment.udayton.edu/cw/en-us/job/498507/lecturer-specializing-in-scripture
Applications are due by March 8, 2021.