- 1 Belmont University (TN) (2/1, until filled)
- 2 Carthage College (WI) (until filled)
- 3 Centenary College (NJ)
- 4 Concordia University (WI) link
- 5 Edward Waters C (until filled)
- 6 Evergreen State University (British/Anglophone after 1700, review begins 11/1)
- 7 Gordon (MA) College link
- 8 Immaculata College (PA) link
- 9 Missouri Valley College (Marshall, MO)
- 10 Norwich University link
- 11 Rhode Island College (1/8/2010) LINK
- 12 William Woods U (Missouri) Link
Winona State U (MN) [18th/19th c.]Link
Belmont University (TN) (2/1, until filled)
phone interview on 2/7. ...A phone interview on Super Bowl Sunday?
-any recent news on the Belmont position? Applied late January, but received no word. Did they give a window during phone interviews? A: no news here.
I think their campus interviews are finished (3/6).
I just saw a posting for an Early Modernist (4/9)
The early modernist position is a new and separate position, though according to their human resources dep., they haven't hired the open position yet either. This learned during a phone call to HR yesterday; apparently both are still open. (4/9)
Carthage College (WI) (until filled)
Rejection letter that opens, "I am happy to announct that Dr. _____ has agreed to join the English department at Carthage College." Congrats to the applicant, but this was one of the most offensive rejections I've received.
Centenary College (NJ)
- No news since MLA interview 2/12
- phone interview scheduled 2/18
- Q. Any campus visit news? A: Not yet... 3/23
- A: email rejection 3/24 Q: Is this a post-MLA or phone interview rejection? A: phone interview rejection
- Post MLA-interview rejection via email. 3/29. Email said short list for campus visits had been made.
- Contacted via phone (1/12) to inform me that I was on the shortlist and was told I would be contacted next week to set up a phone interview. (same, 1/13)
- Phone interview conducted on 1/19
- Campus visit invitation made on 1/19.
- Post-campus visit rejection 3/5
- post-campus visit rejection 3/25; conversation implied that an offer had been made and accepted
Edward Waters C (until filled)
- Where is this job listed?
- No idea, but trust me, you're better off going to your local community college and applying.
- (I second the above comment! This "College" is a disaster)
- This was just listed today on HigherEdJobs.com []
- And they're looking for a chair, I guess, but they don't want to give the name. Hence the "Confidential" institution in this ad, which until today, ended with the same "Edward Waters College is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer." Bad sign.
Evergreen State University (British/Anglophone after 1700, review begins 11/1)
rejection by mail (12/5)(12/7x2) (12/9x2)
- 2 British Generalist Openings
- Request for more info (12/9)
- Interviewed at MLA
- Job reposted in Chronicle in Jan. Anyone know anything?
- Several attempts to contact SC Chair and Asst. to the Dean via email and phone without reply.
- phone interview on 2/5.
- campus visit invitation (2/23 X2)
Did you visit on 2/23 or were you invited? Also, are you ABD, Ph.D. in hand or an Assistant Professor somewhere else? Thanks for any information.
I was invited on 2/23. Visit is last week in March. I am currently an Assistant Professor at another institution.
Ditto to the 2/23 invitation, visit 3rd week in March, invited as ABD.
Great. You just confirmed I am out of the running so now I can move on but good luck to you! It seems like a great place.
Any news on these job openings? Have they made offers?
There's just one opening now.
How did you find out? (3/30)
On a visit. I've since had to bow out of the search in order to take another job.
Has anyone been offered a position yet? (4/14)
Chaucer through Victorian
Q: Any word on this search?
R: I emailed them last week and received a very terse reply stating that the search was still active. That's it.
- Rejection letter (2/20)
Missouri Valley College (Marshall, MO)
Assistant or Associate Professor of English Link
Deadline: April 2, 2010
--Emailing acknowledging receipt of materials. Email said applicant's information was now being forwarded to the search committee (12/29).
- Request for more materials (2/19) (x3)
- Has anyone heard anything after the request for more materials on 2/19?
- Phone interview scheduled (3/23) (x3)
- Campus interview scheduled (3/31) (x2)
- Job offered & accepted (4/26)
Rhode Island College (1/8/2010) LINK
- specialization in British literature of either Renaissance, 18th, 19th, 20th, or 21st c. AND literary theory (see also Critical Theory page)
- anyone hear anything from RIC?
- No...and I am curious about the status of the position too....fingers crossed!
- According to Renaissance page, they asked for additional materials on 1/28 and scheduled a campus visit on 2/2.
- Dagnabbit...ok, thanks!
- Job offered and accepted in Feb (by early modernist, per Renaissance wiki)
William Woods U (Missouri) Link
- Letter of rejection via snail mail. (11/23) x2
- May I ask when you submitted your application? (11/24)
- Has anyone who hasn't received a rejection received any news?
- Nope (12/6)
- Received an email from HR that the position has been filled (1/29)
Winona State U (MN) [18th/19th c.]Link
- This is not really an open-field British position; it's three distinct periodic positions: 18th-century British, 19th-century British, and media studies, respectively. When you go to Winona's online application, you'll see this.