Wiki page for Academic Jobs in British Literature with an Open or Generalist specialization advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: British Open 2020-2021
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
See also English Literature 2021-2022
RECENT ACTIVITY on British Open 2021-2022 Wiki
2022/01/12 15:21- 5120j -
- Adding categories ← Older revision Revision as of 15:21, 12 January 2022 Line 68: Line 68: ==Word on the Street== ==Word on the Street== ...
2022/01/08 19:17- 188.8.131.52 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 19:17, 8 January 2022 Line 43: Line 43: -- Got a request for a Zoom interview in the evening of December 7th -- Got a request...
2022/01/08 19:16- 184.108.40.206 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 19:16, 8 January 2022 Line 49: Line 49: * 12/7: The [https://academicjobs.fandom.com/wiki/Early_Modern_/_Renaissance_2021-2022 earl...
2022/01/07 23:04- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 23:04, 7 January 2022 Line 35: Line 35: #Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida, USA): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position...
2022/01/03 21:07- Slnrth -
- Jobs for 2022 ← Older revision Revision as of 21:07, 3 January 2022 Line 56: Line 56: --any updates? --any updates? −...
View page history: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/British_Open_2021-2022?action=history
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/British_Open_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs for 2022
- Florida State University (Tallahassee, Florida, USA): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position in literary studies, specializing in eco-criticism, ecological approaches or environmental literatures to begin Fall 2022. Open period/genre/secondary specializations. Deadline November 1st. https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=49889&PostingSeq=1
- Louisiana Scholars' College at Northwestern State University (Natchitoches, LA, USA): Tenure Track. Tenure-track position in honors English (open specialty) to begin Fall 2022. Initial review of applicants begins November 1st, but position is open until filled. Rejected via email 12/14. Any campus visit requests?https://agency.governmentjobs.com/louisiana/job_bulletin.cfm?JobID=3256652
- CSU Stanislaus (Turlock, CA): TT. The person appointed to this position will teach in the area of British Literature ranging from the seventeenth century to the present as well as Post-Colonial or Comparative World Literatures. A general knowledge of British Literature combined with a particular interest in a given period of imperial expansion and colonial response is preferred. Updates: 11/17 - Request for additional materials.
- Any word on interviews for CSU Stanislaus? (12/7)
-- Got a request for a Zoom interview in the evening of December 7th
--Job reposted on HigherEdJobs -- has anyone heard anything?
- University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH): TT. Open specialty in British Literature. https://jobs.uc.edu/job/Cincinnati-Assistant-Professor%2C-British-Literature-OH-45201/800645800/
- Any word on interviews for University of Cincinnati? (12/7)
- 12/7: The early modern page suggests they requested zoom interviews a few weeks ago
5. Purdue University-Cornerstone Program (Assistant Teaching Professor): The College of Liberal Arts at Purdue University is seeking dedicated and experienced Assistant Teaching Professors (clinical positions) to offer courses in its Cornerstone Integrated Liberal Arts program, which the National Endowment for the Humanities recognizes as a national model for general education. Review of applications will begin on November 1 and continue until the positions are filled.
---Did anyone hear anything from Purdue?
-Nothing here (12/7)
- did anyonen have any updates? <---any updates with Purdue?
Word on the Street
-any news from Purdue ? Is anyone contacted?