Page for Academic Positions in Children's and Young Adult Literature that begin in 2019-2020.
Last year's page: Children's and Young Adult Literature 2018-2019
Please use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools / positions to the appropriate category below.
- 1 Recent Activity on Children's and Young Adult Literature 2019-2020 Wiki
- 2 Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions - 2019 Deadlines
- 3 Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions - 2020 Deadlines
- 4 Visiting Positions / Limited-Term Appointments - 2019/2020 Deadlines
- 5 Other:
Recent Activity on Children's and Young Adult Literature 2019-2020 Wiki
Subscribe to RSS Feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Children%27s_and_Young_Adult_2019-2020?feed=rss&action=history
Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions - 2019 Deadlines
Tenure-track assistant professor, specialty in children’s and young adult literature. Successful applicant expected to maintain an active record of publication and to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in area of specialization. Teaching assignments will include upper-level children’s and adolescent literature survey courses and core English courses, such as first-year composition and/or introductory literature surveys taught in a large lecture setting. Teaching may include other courses in literature within the successful candidate’s areas of interest, with preference given to research/teaching in under-represented areas in children’s and young adult literature, including (but not limited to) African-American literature, literature of the African diaspora, Latinx literature, Native American literature, and LBGTQ literature. Appointment begins Fall 2020.
• Ph.D. in English or closely related field that meets accreditation requirements, with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in English and degree completed at time of appointment.
• Specialization in children’s and young adult literature.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence.
• Experience teaching first-year college writing and/or other core English courses.
• Background and/or experience commensurate with the position of assistant professor and sufficient to teach graduate courses in children’s and young adult literature.
• Demonstrated ability in scholarly research on children’s and young adult literature and culture.
• Ability to teach under-represented areas in children’s and young adult literature, including (but not limited to) African-American literature, literature of the African diaspora, Latinx literature, Native American literature, or LBGTQ literature, as well as core courses in English (first-year composition, large introductory literature surveys).
• Ability to teach history of the literature written for young readers.
• Ability to teach upper-level children’s and adolescent survey courses.
Application Procedures Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25832.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by November 1, 2019: 1) a letter of application, 2) current curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for three references (to follow curriculum vitae).
Deadline: 1 November 2019 (US Central Time, UTC-6)
Request for additional materials:
Rejection (no interview):
Preliminary interview scheduled (please specify: MLA, phone, Skype, etc.): Zoom interview 12/6, 12/10, 12/12
Rejection (after preliminary interview):
Campus interview scheduled:
Rejection (after campus interview):