new Ad10. Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Creative Writing advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: Creative Writing 2021
See also: English Literature 2021-2022
Please add jobs in the following format and order them chronologically by posting date (newest postings at the top).
- Example University. Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s).
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions below, under Word on the Street.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Creative Writing 2022 Wiki
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Creative_Writing_2022?feed=rss&action=history
WHO GOT THE JOB?
FICTION: Full-Time / Tenure Track Positions:
Vanderbilt University: ZZ Packer and Lydia Conklin
Colorado State University: Nina McConigley
University of Georgia, Associate Prose Editor: Maggie Su
Valdosta State University: Eric Blix
Belmont University: Jennifer Buentello
Austin Peay State University: RS Deeren
Lycoming College: Phoebe Wagner (inside hire)
University of South Carolina: Claire Jimenez
Indiana University: Angela Jackson-Brown
Penn State University: Samuel Kolawole
University of South Florida: Jake Wolff
University of North Texas: Daniel Pena
University of Central Florida: Peter Kispert and Blake Sanz
University of Minnesota: Aamina Ahmad and Megan Giddings
Virginia Commonwealth University: SJ Sindu
NONFICTION: Full-Time / Tenure Track Positions:
Colorado State University: Jaquira Díaz
Northwestern: Sarah Schulman
University of North Texas: Sarah Perry
Warren Wilson: Alysia Sawchyn
University of Alabama: Taylor Brorby (starting Aug 2023)
Denison University: Melissa Faliveno
POETRY: Full-Time / Tenure Track Positions:
Elon University: Shaina Phenix
SUNY New Paltz: Timothy Liu
Clemson: Su Cho
University of Montana: Brian Blanchfield
University of North Florida: Jessica Q. Stark
University of Wisconsin Madison: Nate Marshall, Erika Meitner, Alison C. Rollins, Paul Tran
Ashland University (and Ashland Poetry Press): Chuck Carlise
OPEN GENRE: Full-Time / Tenure Track Positions:
University of Toledo: Dustin Pearson
Butler University: Natalie Lima
University of Lynchburg: Kelly Ann Jacobson
Pitt-Greensburg: David Newman (inside/spousal hire)
Carlow University: Sarah Shotland
University of North Carolina Wilmington: Michelle Donahue
Eastern New Mexico University: Megan Arlett
Visiting / Limited-Term Positions:
Franklin College: Emily Banks
Oberlin College: Silvia Park and Sam Cohen
University of North Texas: Kimberly Grey
Interlochen Center for the Arts: Karyna McGlynn
FICTION - Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions
- Bowling Green State University (Bowling Green, OH). Assistant Professor, Creative Writing (Fiction). TT. FT. Posted 2/21/2022. Deadline 3/18/2022. https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=177814815 Zoom Interview scheduled 3/30.x2; Campus Interview scheduled 4/27.
- Loyola University Chicago (Chicago, IL). Assistant Professor, Creative Writing (Fiction). TT. FT. Review begins 2/25/. Update: Rejection—No Interview. 5/10https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/18855?fbclid=IwAR03RhszkrMU7cAr9o6JhSXSuo8XBwRRbVeW87zm13D_gGPekGfONA5N-YQ
- University of Winnipeg (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Assistant Professor in Creative Writing (fiction). TT. FT. Posted 1/14/2022. Deadline 2/18/2022. https://www.academicwork.ca/jobs/tenure-track-assistant-professor-in-creative-writing-university-of-winnipeg 4/13 Any updates?
- Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA). Assistant Professor - Writing of Fiction. 1 Feb. 2022. TT. FT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177766842&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20%2D%20Writing%20of%20fiction
- Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO). Assistant Professor of English in Fiction Writing. 14 Feb 2022. TT. FT. https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/97252 Update: Semifinalists notified 2/28; finalists notified 3/14. Update: Offer extended
- York University (Toronto, Ontario). Assistant/Associate Professor. 22 Nov. 2021. TT. FT. http://webapps.yorku.ca/academichiringviewer/viewposition.jsp?positionnumber=2237 Update: Letters of Recommendation requested 2/10; campus visits scheduled 03/30
- Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR, USA). Open Rank Search in Fiction. 18 Feb 2022 TT. FT. https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/111721 Update: Zoom interview scheduled 3/16 Update: offer extended and accepted
- University of Nebraska at Kearney (Kearney, NE) - Assistant Professor, TT, Fiction. undergraduate & graduate. Jan 20, 2022 https://unk.peopleadmin.com/postings/4172 Update: first round interviews scheduled week of 2/10
- Wichita State University (Wichita, KS). Assistant Professor in Fiction Writing. 21 Jan. 2022. TT. FT. https://jobs.wichita.edu/postings/24423 Update: Zoom Interview Scheduled 2/4
- Butler University (Indianapolis, IN, USA). Assistant Professor -- Creative Writing, Fiction and/or Creative Nonfiction. FT. TT. Review begins 10 Jan. 2022, open until filled. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/417278/tenure-track-assistant-professor-of-creative-writing-department-of-english/ Update: Request for additional materials 1/11 x 3, Interview Request 2/7. Interview scheduled for 2/14. Rejection after Zoom interview 2/25 x2
- University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL, USA). Assistant Professor of English (Fiction). 6 Jan. 2022. FT.TT. https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/501340/assistant-professor-creative-writing Update: interview request 1/12 --any updates after interviews?? Virtual on campus interviews held earlier this month. Any word? Very unofficial insight, but saw something on social media that made it seem like an offer had been accepted. 4/5: update from committee: hopefully letters have all gone out thanking everyone for applying. We were able to hire two people from the search.
- University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND, USA). Assistant Professor of English. 3 Jan. 2022. FT. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/411307/assistant-professor-of-english/ Update: Zoom interview 2/9
- Columbia University School of the Arts (New York, NY, USA). Assistant Professor of Writing (Fiction). 31 Dec 2021. TT. FT. https://apply.interfolio.com/98599 Update: Zoom interview 2/26
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD). Open Rank Search in Fiction. 31 Oct 2021. TT. FT. https://facultyjobs.jhu.edu/Home/Position?reqId=A-91961-3 Update: Additional materials requested 12/9 - They have opened back up the applications today. Does anyone know what's going on? 12/14. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177732347&Title=Open%2DRank%20Search%20in%20Fiction
- Pennsylvania State University (University Park, PA, USA). Open Rank Professor of Creative Writing - Fiction. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. TT. FT. https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Academic/job/University-Park-Campus/Open-Rank-Professor-of-Creative-Writing--Fiction--at-The-Pennsylvania-State-University_REQ_0000021045
- Has anyone heard from them? Updates appreciated! First round Zoom scheduled 12/10
- Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA, USA). Assistant Professor-English (Fiction Writing). 29 Oct 2021. TT . https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/postings/16244 Update: Video interview scheduled 11/22; campus interviews mid-Jan.
- Valdosta State University (Valdosta, GA, USA). Assistant Professor - English (Creative Writing - Fiction). 28 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/384704/assistant-professor-english-creative-writing-fiction-/ - Update: Video interview scheduled 11/26 x 3 / Campus Visit Scheduled 12/16 / Offer made and accepted
- Saint Louis University (Saint Louis, MO, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing, Fiction. 15 Nov 2021. TT. https://slu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/Adorjan-Hall/Tenure-Track-Assistant-Professor--Creative-Writing_2021-03338 Email Rejection/No Interview (12/17) Update: This position has been filled.
- University of Georgia (Athens, GA, USA). Associate Prose Editor, The Georgia Review. 30 Sept 2021. NT/FT. Update: Video interviews scheduled 10/13. In-person interview scheduled 11/8. https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/217995. This position has been filled.
- Boise State University (Boise, ID, USA). Assistant Professor of English in fiction. 8 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.boisestate.edu/en-us/job/496024/assistant-professor. Any news?
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing Fiction. 15 Oct 2021. TT. https://humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job (job ID #342841). - Update: Additional materials (letters of rec) requested 11/4 - Has anyone heard more from them?? - responding: no, also had letters requested 11/4 - (Thanks so much for responding; suspense is killing me) -responding, -Update: Zoom Interview request 11/29
- University of Denver (Denver, CO, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing and Literary Studies. 27 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.du.edu/en-us/job/494314/assistant-professor-creative-writing-and-literary-studies Update: Additional materials (writing sample) requested 11/23: Zoom interview request 12/10 campus visit scheduled
- Lycoming College (Williamsport, PA, USA). Assistant Professor in Creative Writing: Fiction. 1 Nov. 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/381446/assistant-professor-in-creative-writing-fiction/ - Update: Video interview scheduled 11/8
- Belmont University (Nashville, TN, USA). Assistant Professor of English (Creative Writing - Fiction). Immediate. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177612377&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English%20%28Creative%20Writing%20%2D%20Fiction%29 announcement on Twitter that the position has been filled
- University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC, USA). Open Rank in Creative Writing/Fiction, Joint with African American Studies. 4 Nov. 2021. TT. https://sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/artsandsciences/english_language_and_literature/my_english/documents/job_ad_creative_writing_fiction_2021_b.pdf
- Coe College (Cedar Rapids, IA, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing-Fiction. 12 Nov 2021. TT. https://www.coe.edu/why-coe/discover-coe/human-resources/careers/faculty-employment-opportunities/assistant-professor-creative-writing - Any updates? First-round interview (Zoom) scheduled 12/17; offer made and accepted (per rejection email)
- Austin Peay State University (Clarksville, TN, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing-Fiction. 10 Sept. 2021. TT. https://apsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/13390 Update: first-round interview scheduled 11/29; Campus interview scheduled 1/10; Job offered and accepted 1/27
- Clayton State University (Morrow, GA). Assistant Professor of English, Creative Writing (Fiction). TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177688274&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English%2C%20Creative%20Writing%3A%20Fiction%2C%20Tenure%2DTrack Update: 3/15 Video Interview scheduled
- Texas A&M University (Corpus Christi, TX). Assistant Professor, English (Literary and Creative Writing Studies). 1 Dec. 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/402330/assistant-professor-english-literary-and-creative-writing-studies-/ Update: 12/13 Zoom interview scheduled; 12/20 Zoom interview scheduled; 2/3 virtual campus visit scheduled
- Indiana University (Bloomington, IN). Assistant Professor (Fiction Writer). 22 Nov. 2021. TT. https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/11801 Update: Rejection via email 12/19
- Hope College (Holland, MI). English – Assistant Professor, Creative Writing—Fiction. 23 Nov. 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/412985/english-assistant-professor/ Update: Zoom Interview Scheduled 12/13
- Vanderbilt University - Assistant Professor, Fiction Update: Campus visits complete, Offer accepted? PREVIOUS UPDATE IS FALSE: email received 12/16, search still ongoing, materials being reviewed; on track for campus invites by close of December. UPDATE 12/27: rejection letter received. Update: Hired Lydia Conklin & ZZ Packer
- University of North Texas - Assistant Professor, Fiction Update: First-Round Scheduled 12/3; rejection via email 1/18. Update: Offer extended.
NON-FICTION - Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions
- State University of New York at Oswego. Assistant Professor of Creative Writing (Creative Nonfiction). Open until filled. TT. FT. https://oswego.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=144654 Any word? Interview scheduled on 5/5 for mid-May.
- Brown University (Providence, RI) Lecturer in Journalism. Review begins 15 November 2021, ongoing until filled. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/405165/lecturer-journalism-/
- University of California San Diego (San Diego, CA, USA). Assistant Professor in Creative Writing/Nonfiction Eco-Writing. TT. 15 Dec. 2022. https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02986 Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled 1/21 [2x]. Anyone heard anything new? Yes, campus visits requested 2/8
- University of Tampa (Tampa, FL, USA). Assistant Professor of English and Writing in Creative Nonfiction. TT. Review begins 30 Nov 2021. https://utampa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Faculty/job/Tampa/Assistant-Professor-of-English-and-Writing_R0005863 Updates: Preliminary Zoom Interviews Scheduled 1/24.
- Colorado State University (Fort Collins, CO, USA). Assistant Professor of English in Creative Nonfiction. 31 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/92772 Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled 11/18 Any updates? Update: Offer extended. Accepted 2/28.
- University of Georgia (Athens, GA, USA). Associate Prose Editor, The Georgia Review. 30 Sept 2021. NT/FT. https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/217995.
- University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL, USA). Assistant Professor of English in creative non-fiction. 15 Oct 2021. TT. https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/49296. Update: Rejection email sent to those not moving on past application. // Zoom interview scheduled 12/1 x 2 // Rejection after Zoom interview 12/20 x2
- Denison University (Granville, OH, USA). Assistant Professor of English in creative non-fiction. 18 Oct 2021. TT. https://employment.denison.edu/postings/3338. Updates: Request for additional materials: 11/1 // Zoom interview scheduled 11/22.
- Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA, USA). Assistant Professor of English in creative non-fiction. 22 Oct 2021. TT. https://employment.wwu.edu/en-us/job/498815/assistant-professor-of-english-creative-writing-creative-nonfiction. Updates: Request for additional materials 11/10 // Zoom interview scheduled 12/17 // Rejection (no interview) 12/20 // Campus interviews scheduled 1/15 // Rejection (after interview) 1/15 // Offer made
- UCLA (Los Angeles, CA, USA). Creative Nonfiction Junior Faculty. 1 Nov. 2021. https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF06830. Updates: Preliminary interview scheduled 12/8 any Updates: Rejection 3/10 (no interview). Offer made 4/8
- Naropa University (Boulder, CO). Creative Writing and Poetics, Core Faculty, 30 Nov 2021, FT, https://naropa.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/229?c=naropa request for Zoom interview 2/17. (Virtual) campus visit invitation 4/21.
- Warren Wilson College (Asheville, NC, USA). Professor of Creative Writing. 11 Oct 2021. Extended contract (FT, continuing, appointment; unranked;. https://warren-wilson.breezy.hr/p/34ceb81522de-professor-of-creative-writing Updates: Preliminary interview scheduled 11/1 (phone) // Campus visit scheduled 11/22. Received form rejection from HR 2/10, seems like someone has accepted an offer.
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL, USA). Open Rank Professor in Creative Nonfiction. 01 Dec 2021. NT/FT. https://english.northwestern.edu/people/job-openings.html Update: Campus visit scheduled 1/18 // Rejection after campus visit 2/25
- Utah Valley University (Orem, UT). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. 12 Dec 2021. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177687548&Title=Faculty%2C%20Tenure%20Track%20%2D%20Creative%20Writing Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled 1/7 x3; Campus visits scheduled 1/24 ANY NEWS?
- Flagler College (St. Augustine, FL). Assistant Professor of English. 31 Dec. 2021. 4/4 load, TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/97612 Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled 1/21 x 2// On Campus Interviews Scheduled 1/7
POETRY - Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions
- James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA). Assistant/Associate Director, Furious Flower Poetry Center. TT. FT. Posted 2/22/2022. Deadline 3/24/2022. https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=177817354 Update: Rejection, no interview (5/16).
- Marshall University (Huntington, WV). Assistant Professor of English with a specialization in creative writing - poetry. 15 Feb. TT.https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177788038&Title=Assistant%20Professor
- University of Illinois, Springfield (Springfield, IL). Assistant Professor, English/Creative Writing. TT. https://jobs.uis.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=155564&job=assistant-professor-english-creative-writing-poetry-155564 Update: request for semi-finalist Zoom interview 2/24. Update: campus visit invites extended.
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (Madison, WI, USA). Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of English in Creative Writing (Poetry). Deadline 28 Nov 2021. TT. https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/510991/professor-in-english Update: Campus Visit Scheduled 1/6/22 QUESTION (4/27): does anyone know how this turned out? It looks like they just sent out another call for applications for this same position? Are they still trying to fill the post? Thanks!
- Concordia University (Montreal QC, Canada). Assistant Professor, Creative Writing: Poetry. Deadline: 11/15/21: https://www.concordia.ca/artsci/about/jobs/tenure-track-appointments/2021/assistant-professor-creative-writing-poetry.html Update: Request for additional materials 2/3/22, rejection with news of offer to candidate 6/15
- California State University, East Bay (Bay Area, CA). Assistant or Associate Professor of English (Creative Writing--Poetry and Literature). Deadline 10/1/21: http://csucareers.calstate.edu/detail.aspx?pid=87066&source=IND Update: Phone Interview Request ( Nov 19, 2021); Campus Visit invitation (1/20/22)
- Tulane University (New Orleans, LA, USA). Assistant Professor, Creative Writing-Poetry & Poetics. Deadline: 11/15/21: https://apply.interfolio.com/95186 Update: Letters requested (12/1); Zoom interview request (12/15) Offer made (2/23)
- Elon University (Elon, NC, USA). Assistant Professor of English (Creative Writing/Poetry). 16 Nov 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/384367/assistant-professor-of-english-creative-writing-poetry-tenure-track/ Has anyone heard? Rejection, no interview (2/21). Update: Campus visits scheduled for Feb/ March.
- University of North Florida (Jacksonville, FL, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. 22 Oct 2021. TT. https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/17819 Updates: Interviews scheduled (06 Nov 2021)
- Boise State University (Boise, ID, USA). Assistant Professor of English in poetry. 8 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.boisestate.edu/en-us/job/496032/assistant-professor.
- Kalamazoo College (Kalamazoo, MI, USA). Assistant Professor of English in poetry. 11 Oct 2021. TT. https://www.kzoo.edu/search/index.php?dept=english. Updates: Request for more materials (18 Oct 2021). Rejection, no interview (15 Nov 2021) x3 (21 February 2022). Have you heard? Anyone schedule an interview yet? (8 Dec 2021) Campus visit scheduled for Jan '22 (24 Nov 2021).
- University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA, USA). Associate or Full Professor of English in poetry. 15 Oct 2021. TT. https://apptrkr.com/2463450. Did Updates: Rejection (no interview)
- Clemson University (Clemson, SC, USA). Assistant Professor of English in poetry. 15 Oct 2021. TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/94156. Updates: Request for more materials (26 Oct. 2021). Zoom interview Requested (19 Nov. 2021)
- Ashland University (Ashland, OH, USA). Assistant Professor of English in American Lit/Poetry. TT. https://jobs.ashland.edu/postings/1192 Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled (3/15)
- University of Montana (Missoula, MT, USA). Assistant/Associate Professor for Creative Writing (Poetry). 1 Dec. 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/397821/assistant-associate-professor-for-creative-writing-program-poetry-department-of-english-/. Update: Zoom interview request 2/1.
- George Washington University (Washington, D.C., USA). Assistant Professor of English: Poetry. 29 Nov 2021. TT. https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/87090 Updates: Zoom interviews scheduled (1/13)
- North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC, USA). Assistant Professor in Creative Writing. Open until filled. https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/151220 Updates: Zoom interview scheduled for December; 3/17 Director announced on Twitter that they made 2 hires.
- Webster University (St. Louis, MO, USA). Assistant Professor of English - Poetry. Open until Dec. 10. https://webster.peopleadmin.com/postings/5540 Updates: Campus visits scheduled for Feb. '22.
- SUNY New Paltz (New Paltz, NY, USA). Assistant Professor of English. Open until Oct. 11. Cluster diversity hire: 3 Assistant Professors (tenure-track) in Literature before 1800/Latinx Literature of the U.S./Creative Writing/Rhetoric and Composition. https://www.newpaltz.edu/hr/displayjobdetails.php?id=2430 Updates: Video interview (first round) scheduled on 10/25 for 11/10. Rejection (no interview) 2/2. Campus visits scheduled for 12/1.
- Kenyon College (Gambier, OH, USA). Robert P Hubbard Professor of Poetry (Assistant level). Open until Dec 17. TT. https://careers.kenyon.edu/mob/en-us/job/492782/robert-p-hubbard-professor-of-poetry Updates: Writing sample requested/references contacted on 1/3, initial interviews scheduled. Has anyone heard? Based on the timeline they gave, it seems like campus visits should have happened by now. Q: Any news on this one? A: Just received a formal rejection email stating that they made an offer and it has been accepted (3/23)
- Tufts University (Medford, MA, USA). Professor of the Practice of Poetry (Assistant level). Open until Feb 1. NT. https://apply.interfolio.com/99776 Update: Zoom interviews scheduled (3/7) Rejection, no interview (3/23) Rejection, after 1st interview (3/29)
- Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA). Professor of English - Poetry (Assistant level). Open until Oct 1. TT. https://dossier.interfolio.com/facultysearch/position/75613/apply Updates: Rejection, no interview (2/1). Job talks scheduled.
- Chadron State College (Chadron, NE, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing - Poetry; see "Preferred Qualifications." Open until filled. TT. https://nscs.peopleadmin.com/postings/9184. Updates: committee will start reviewing applications on Feb. 21. Zoom interview scheduled on 3/29 for 3/31. Campus visit scheduled (4/5).
OPEN / MIXED GENRE - Full-Time / Tenure-Track Positions
- Central Washington University (Ellensburg, WA). Assistant Professor - Creative Writing Fiction/Creative Nonfiction (2 Positions). FT. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177790707&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20%2D%20Assistant%20Professor%20%2D%20Creative%20Writing%20Fiction%2FCreative%20Nonfiction%20%282%20Positions%29 Does anyone know the teaching load? (Quarter system. I think it's 2/2/2, so 6 courses for the academic year). Any updates? Phone interview scheduled for April. 3/15 Phone interview scheduled. 4/15: finalist invitations scheduled for late April/early May.
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, NM). Assistant Professor of English with a specialty in Creative Writing, with the ability to teach multiple genres, particularly poetry. FT. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177791342&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English Campus visits scheduled for April. 4/6 Question: Did they call or email you for campus visit scheduling?
- Heidelberg University (Tiffin, OH). Assistant Professor of English, specialization in creative writing and rhetoric and composition. FT. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177788554&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English Zoom interview on 3/25. Campus visit scheduled 4/7 for (May).
- Stockton University (Galloway Township, NJ, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. "The program welcomes writers of any genre to apply; preference will be given to applicants with experience teaching prose writing." TT. FT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/435748/assistant-professor-of-creative-writing-tenure-track-starting-september-1-2022/ (Listing also posted at MLA Job List.) Zoom Interview scheduled 3/24. Invitation for campus visit came 4/14.
- Dominican University of California (San Rafael, CA). Assistant Professor in Creative Writing. FT. TT. Feb. 15 https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=69003&clientkey=379D25BEB04D4E67539308A7BD902D82 Zoom Interview Scheduled 3/10. Campus visit schedule 3/21 for 4/5.
- The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor ( Belton, TX). Associate Professor/Professor - Creative Writing. FT. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/432639/associate-professor-professor-creative-writing-fall-2022/ Zoom interview on 3/9.
- Tarleton State University (Stephenville, TX). Assistant Professor of English- Literature and Creative Writing. FT. TT. https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TARLETON_External/job/Stephenville-TARLETON/Assistant-Professor-of-English--Literature-and-Creative-Writing_R-044730-1
- Oglethorpe University (Atlanta, GA). Assistant Professor Creative Writing. FT. TT. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=50199&clientkey=E89EC0BE36E642B4CF9B1208D8AFD807 any movement on this one?
- University of Houston - Associate Professor Creative Writing in Spanish. Deadline, Nov. 15 https://joblist.mla.org/employer-details/1865/university-of-houston-central_hispanic-studies-department/.
- Zoom interview. 12/21
- State University of New York Oswego (Oswego, NY, USA). Assistant Professor of English and Graphic Storytelling. FT. Posted 12/10/21. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177728893&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English%20and%20Graphic%20Storytelling
- University of North Carolina Wilmington (Wilmington, NC). Assistant Professor — Creative Writing, Publishing. In addition to teaching, this position will support the making of Ecotone. FT. TT. 10 January 2022. https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/22495 Update: first round interviews scheduled for week of 2/14.
- Southwestern Community College District (Chula Vista, CA, USA). Assistant Professor of English. FT. TT. 28 Jan. 2022. https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/3610
- Belmont Abbey College (Belmont, NC (close to Charlotte). Assistant Professor of English, focusing on any type of Creative Writing. TT and FT. Due: Now. https://belmontabbeycollege.edu/about-us/employment/tenure-track-position-in-english/ interview via zoom 2/11
- United States Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, CO, USA). Assistant Professor of English and Creative Writing, focusing on war literature. FT, TT. 10 Nov. 2021. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617537900. Update: first-round video interview request 1/7.
- Bennington College (Bennington, VT, USA). Literature Faculty in Creative Writing and Post-Colonial Literature. 15 Sept 2021. FT. http://bennington.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0smp4/. --- Did anyone hear back from them? responding: yes, they've done campus visits <--responding: how do you know? do you have dates? were you one of the visits? responding: it was publicly announced on the writer's IG account. I am not going to name the person as I am not sure how public they want the news to be yet, but the search is over. Rejection, no interview (2/3).
- Westmont College (Santa Barbara, CA, USA). Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Communication Studies. 1 Oct 2021. TT. https://www.westmont.edu/office-provost/open-positions. Updates: Request for more materials (27 October 2021)
- University of Toledo (Toledo, OH, USA), Assistant Professor of English in creative writing. 18 Oct 2021. TT. https://utoledo.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/3514?c=utoledo. (addendum to job ad: teaching load for research-active faculty is 2-3) Updates: first-round video interview request 11/22; rejection via email 12/20, sounds like maybe they discontinued the search?, 1/13 Reposted job ad. So weird. (The search has not been discontinued; the reposted job ad was a glitch.) Received an e-mail that my application was "voluntarily withdrawn" despite me never withdrawing my application, 2/23. I also received this email on 2/23. // I had a first round interview with them in Dec. and received a personalized rejection last week stating they filled the position. My guess is the "withdrawal" email (which I also got) is some automated thing the system does with all apps when the search closes.
- University of Pittsburg (Greensburg, PA, USA), Assistant Professor in Creative and Professional Writing. 1 Nov 2021. TT. https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=21006684&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago. Updates: video interview request 11/16; campus interviews scheduled 12/20. Have you heard? Nothing as of 2/15 (x2). 4/25: Inside/spousal hire: David Newman.
- Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA, USA), Writer-in-Residence. 8 Nov 2021. 3-yr, renewable. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/378930/writer-in-residence-english-department-/. Update: rejection (no interview) 2/28
- James Madison University (Harrisonburg, Virginia), Assistant Professor of English - Creative Writing (Fiction and/or Nonfiction). 6 Nov 2021. TT. https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/10348 Update: video interview scheduled 12/13.
- California State University, Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. 1 Oct. 2021. TT. https://www.calstatela.edu/2022/college-arts-letters/al-engl-ttf Zoom Interview Scheduled (23 Nov. 2021).
- California State University, Sacramento. (Sacramento, CA, USA). Assistant Professor-Creative Writing: Fiction, Memoir, and Creative Non-Fiction. 22 Nov 2021. TT. https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/505591/tenuretrack-faculty-creative-writing Update: Notified via post that offer has been accepted.
- University of Lynchburg (Lynchburg, VA, USA). Assistant Professor of English in Creative Writing. 1 Dec. 2021. TT. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/397641/assistant-professor-of-english-creative-writing-/ Update: First-round interview schedule 1/20 x2; campus visit scheduled 2/21x2. Offer made and accepted.
- University of North Texas (Denton, TX, USA). Two Assistant Professors of Creative Writing (Fiction and Nonfiction). 17 Nov 2021. TT. https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/50881 and https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/51636 Update: First round of Zoom interviews scheduled. 12/2; rejection via email 1/18. Update: campus visit 2/4. Offer extended 2/24.
- Stony Brook University (Southampton, NY). Assistant or Associate Professor of Creative Writing. 18 Jan. 2022. TT https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177688194&Title=Assistant%20or%20Associate%20Professor Any updates? Not yet, but I updated the due date since they extended it. Update: first-round Zoom interview scheduled 3/5
- Malone University (Canton, OH). Director and Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. 1 Aug. 2022. FT https://www.malone.edu/academics/academic-resources/office-of-the-provost/faculty-employment-opportunities/communications-visual-and-performing-arts-graphic-design-and-digital-art/ Update: Zoom interview scheduled 2/11 for 2/18; campus visit 3/24.
- UBC School of Creative Writing, Two Assistant Professors of Creative Writing (Nonfiction and Fiction). 1 July 2022 TT. https://creativewriting.ubc.ca/about/job-opportunities/ Update: Initial Zoom interview scheduled for fiction. 01/25. Rejection after first interview 3/15; e-mail rejection 4/1.
- Adelphi University (Garden City, NY). Assistant Professor of English/Creative Writing. 20 Dec. 2021. TT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm? JobCode=177705439&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20%2D%20English%20Creative%20Writing Update: First round Zoom interview scheduled 1/20. Q. What date did the Zoom interview request come in? A: 1/11 Who was hired? Offer rejected 3/2022
- University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR, USA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing (Poetry and Translation). Open until Feb 5. TT. https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/job/Fayetteville/Assistant-Professor-of-Creative-Writing_R0008241?source=HigherEdJobs. Q. Any word on this? Stated timeline says campus visits by early spring; has anyone received one? Rejection, no interview (6/9) x2
- College of the Ozarks (Point Lookout, MO). Assistant Professor of English, preferred specialization in Creative Writing, English Education, and/or American Literature. FT Continuing. Open until filled. https://www.cofo.edu/Jobs -NOTE: Candidate must demonstrate commitment to the college’s Christian Mission.
VISITING POSITIONS / LIMITED-TERM APPOINTMENTS / FELLOWSHIPS
- Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK): Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing in Fiction. Review begins 6/15/2022. NT. FT. https://apply.interfolio.com/107544
- Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK): Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing in Poetry. Review begins 6/15/2022. NT. FT. https://apply.interfolio.com/107543
- Centenary College of Louisiana (Shreveport): Visiting Assistant Professor of English—Creative Writing (Poetry). Posted 4/6/2022. Review of applications begins 4/11/2022. https://joblist.mla.org/job-details/5800/visiting-assistant-professor-of-english-creative-writing-poetry/
- Lesley University (Cambridge, MA): One-Year position (Instructor or Assistant Professor rank) with a focus in Creative Writing (fiction) and expertise in one of the following areas: Asian American Literature, African American Literature, Indigenous Literature or Latinx/e Literature. The successful candidate will teach a standard course load of seven courses in 2022-23. Teaching responsibilities will include classes in mixed-genre introductory Creative Writing courses and upper-level Creative Writing workshops in fiction together with Literature. To apply: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1171151&d=ExternalCareerSite#/ Service work is also part of the position and includes attendance and participation in monthly department and school meetings and other assigned work related to the Department’s goals and needs, as well as service opportunities at the school and university levels. Candidates should hold an MFA or PhD by July 2022, and should have published creative work, preferably a book of fiction with a reputable press. Candidates should have prior undergraduate teaching experience and evidence of teaching effectiveness. Lesley University encourages and welcomes applications from members of groups historically underrepresented in higher education. Job Requirements The successful candidate will have:
- an MFA in Creative Writing and/or PhD in Literature (by July 2022)
- a record of successfully teaching undergraduate students
- demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse students and foster an inclusive learning environment
- the ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse community members, including students, professional staff, and faculty from a broad range of academic, socioeconomic, cultural, race, physical ability, age, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other backgrounds
- an inclusive pedagogy in all delivery methods Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC): One-Year Visiting Professor of Creative Nonfiction. Posted 3/16/2022. Review begins 4/11/2022.https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/224574
- University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA). Assistant Professor of Creative Writing. Fiction. NT. FT. Posted 2/25/2022. Review begins 3/26/2022. 3-year with possibility of renewal. https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=177822091
- University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS). Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing-FICTION. NTT FT. (2/2 load w/ possibility of renewal). Posted 02/26/22. Deadline: open until filled. Applications will be reviewed immediately. https://careers.olemiss.edu/job/university-Visiting-Assistant-Professor-MS-38677/849866300/
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (Boston, MA). Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing-Poetry. NT. FT. 1 year with possibility of 1-year renewal. Posted 2/23/2022. Deadline 3/28/2022. https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=177819167 Zoom interview 4/18, contacted for finalist interview 4/25. Offer extended 5/10.
- Mount Holyoke College (South Hadley, MA). Visiting Lecturer in English - Creative Writing. 3 years. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/449487/visiting-lecturer-in-english-creative-writing/ Zoom interview 4/15. Campus visit (virtual) invite came 4/20.
- New College of Florida (Sarasota, FL). Writer-in-Residence. Fiction. 1 March, 2022. PT. Potential extension 2nd year. http://www.ncf.edu/employment. Questions: [].
- University of Vermont (Burlington, VT). Full Time NTT Lecturer in Creative Writing. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177789465&Title=Full%20Time%20NTT%20Lecturer%20in%20Creative%20Writing Update: Zoom interview requested 4/9
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI). LEO Lecturer III - Helen Herzog Zell Visiting Professor in Fiction. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177789435&Title=LEO%20Lecturer%20III%20%2D%20Helen%20Herzog%20Zell%20Visiting%20Professor%20in%20Fiction ANY NEWS? Have Zoom interviews been scheduled? email rejection 4/8
- Penn State Altoona (Altoona, PA) Part Time - Emerging Writer - Teaching Residency https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/428238/part-time-emerging-writer-teaching-residency/
- UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC). Kenan Visiting Writer in Poetry. 1/1 load, 1 year term. 31 Jan 2022. https://careers.insidehighered.com/job/2336963/kenan-visiting-writer-poetry/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
- Whitman College (Walla Walla, WA). Visiting Assistant Professor of English (Creative Writing - Poetry). FT. 24. Jan. 2022https://whitman.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=137 Position filled. Email notification (rejection) as of 3/22/22.
- Linfield University (McMinnville, OR). Renshaw Emerging Writer Fellowship. FT. 2022-2024. 15 Dec. 2021. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177735808&Title=Renshaw%20Emerging%20Writer%20Fellowship Update: Zoom interview requested 3/27
- Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX, USA). Hughes Fellow in Creative Writing. FT. 2022-2024. 9 Feb. 2022. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177728990&Title=Hughes%20Fellow%20in%20Creative%20Writing Any updates?
- Connecticut College (New London, CT). Visiting Assistant Professor of English and Writer in Residence (Fiction and/or Nonfiction). 20 Dec. 2021. Possibility of renewal. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177707357&Title=Visiting%20Assistant%20Professor%20of%20English%20and%20Writer%20in%20Residence Update: rejection (1.28)
- Franklin College (Franklin, IN, USA) Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing with Possible TT Conversion. Poetry/TV Writing/Game Writing. 5 Nov 2021. Three-year with possible TT conversion. https://franklincollege.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Job-Visiting-Assistant-Professor-of-Creative-Writing-2022-23-Appointment.pdf Updates: Zoom interview scheduled Dec 2021. Rejection received 1/27. Campus visits scheduled.
- New York University (New York, NY, USA). Postdoctoral Faculty Fellow: Writing. 11 Nov 2021. Two-year renewable. https://apply.interfolio.com/95025
- Wichita State University (Wichita, KA, USA). Emerging Fiction Writer-in-Residence. 1 Sept 2021. One-month appointment. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wichita State University (Wichita, KA, USA). Distinguished Poet-in-Residence. 1 Sept 2021. One-month appointment. email@example.com.
- Colby College (Waterville, ME, USA). Jennifer Jahrling Forese Writer-in-Residence. 30 Sept 2021. Semester appointment. http://apply.interfolio.com/89540.
- St. Lawrence University (Canton, NY, USA). Viebranz Visiting Professor of Creative Writing. 11 Oct 2021. NT/FT, one-year appointment. https://employment.stlawu.edu/postings/2456.
- University College Dublin, four-year appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor/Lecturer above the Bar. 28 Oct. 21. 2/2 https://my.corehr.com/pls/ucdrecruit/erq_search_version_4.search_form interviews scheduled December 6
- George Washington University (Washington, D.C., USA). Jenny McKean Moore Writer in Washington (Fiction). 2 Nov 2021. NT/FT, one-year appointment. https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/86699
- Central College (Pella, IA, USA). Lecturer of English (Creative Writing). 9 Oct. 2021. NT/FT, with the possibility of renewal. https://central.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=F5A8A765E78F9A38CFAAF5913A4BF778?JOBID=137796
- Long Island University (Brooklyn, NY, USA). MFA in Creative Writing and Publishing Thesis Advisor and Reader. PT. https://jobs.liu.edu/#/job_details/3064
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Assistant Professor (Creative Writing). 14 Feb. 2022. 3-year contract beginning 08/22. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/401326/assistant-professor-creative-writing-/
- Cleveland State University (Cleveland, OH). Anisfield-Wolf Fellowship in Writing & Publishing (creative writing, open genre, emerging writer). 14 Jan. 2022. NT/PT, 2-year appointment, 30 hrs/week. http://www.csupoetrycenter.com/anisfieldwolf-fellowship
- Bates College (Lewiston, ME, USA). Lecturer in English (Fiction). 1 year visiting. NT/FT. Posted 1/26/2022. Review of applications begins 3/1/2022. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/437435/lecturer-in-englsh/ (Listing also posted at HigherEdJobs.)
- Oberlin College (Oberlin, OH, USA). Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing, Fiction. 1 year visiting. NT/FT. Posted 1/5/2022. Review of applications begins 2/5/2022. https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/428035/visiting-assistant-professor-of-creative-writing-fiction/ (Listing also posted at HigherEdJobs.)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Charlotte, NC, USA). Adjunct / Part-time Faculty; English (Creative Writing). Fiction. NT. PT. Posted 1/27/2022. https://main.hercjobs.org/jobs/16189274/adjunct-part-time-faculty-english-creative-writing
- John Carroll University (University Heights, Ohio) Post-Graduate Fellowship in Creative Writing (Hopkins Fellowship) Posted 1/24/2022. https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/2355
- Agnes Scott College (Decatur, Georgia) Visiting Assistant Professor of English-Creative Writing. This is a fiction position. (Source: response to application) https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/visiting-assistant-professor-in-english-creative-writing-at-agnes-scott-college-2961195619/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic Update: Zoom interview requested 3/25
- Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, Ohio) Full-Time Lecturer in Journalism, Media Studies, and Creative Writing. http://apply.interfolio.com/101604 Updates: More materials requested (3/10) Updates: Zoom interview requested (3/28)
- Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) Heanon Wilkins Faculty Fellows/Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor in Poetry, African American, Latinx. https://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/499947/heanon-wilkins-faculty-fellowsvisiting-assistant-professor-or-instructor
- St. Bonaventure University (NY), Visiting Assistant Professor in Creative Writing. Posted 4/9/22. Review of materials begins 5/1 /22 and continues until position is filled. https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sbuedu/jobs/3487548/visiting-assistant-professor-english?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Cleveland Institute of Art (OH). Lecturer of Language, Literature, and Composition. Posted 4/15/22. Materials due 4/29/22. https://www.cia.edu/about-us/careers-at-cia Updates: Zoom interview requested (5/10); invitation to next round of interviews (5/19). 6/13: any update? Internal hire.
- Monmouth University (NJ). Adjunct/Writer-in-Residence. Posted 5/23/22. https://jobs.monmouth.edu/postings/15415
- Louisiana State University (LA) Visiting Assistant Professor. Posted 5/24/22. 2/2 teaching load. https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/0260-OK-Allen-Hall/Assistant-Professor---Visiting_R00067138
- Moravian University (PA) - Visiting Assistant Professor in Creative Writing. Posted 7 June 2022. https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4667020 Updates: Zoom interview scheduled 6/16, Offer extended 7/5
- University of California Riverside (CA) – Visiting Assistant Professor in Theater Film & Digital Production – Playwriting FT. Posted 13 June 2022. Open through Sept. 1, 2022. https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/JPF01572
- University of California Riverside (CA) – Visiting Assistant Professor in Creative Writing – Poetry (per class, 4 classes). Posted 13 June 2022. Open June 13th, 2022 through Sunday, Jul 17, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) https://aprecruit.ucr.edu/JPF01587
- Ohio Wesleyan University (OH) - Visiting Assistant Professor in English/Creative Writing - Poetry/Fiction. Posted 5 July 2022. https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=a2082ac8-6363-4a1c-92d0-adacd9e4f844&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=441266&lang=en_US&source=CC4
- Susquehanna University (Susquehanna, PA, US). Director of the Susquehanna University Press. Begins August 2022. FT. https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/2506
- Rose O'Neill Literary House at Washington College (Chestertown, MD, USA). Assistant Director. Immediate. FT. https://washcoll.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1708498&&#job.
- Interlochen Center for the Arts, Director of Creative Writing (Interlochen, MI, USA). FT.https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/401435/director-of-creative-writing/?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic Updates: video interview request 11/13, campus visits scheduled
- University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA, USA). Director of Undergraduate Creative Writing and Associate Professor of English. 23 Oct. 2021. FT. https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=177611891&Title=Director%20of%20Undergraduate%20Creative%20Writing%20and%20Associate%20Professor%20of%20English Updates: Rejection with no interview 12/3.
- University of Minnesota. Assistant Diretor of the Creative Writing MFA Program. 22 Feb. 2022. FT. https://hr.myu.umn.edu/psc/hrprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=346350&PostingSeq=1&
WHO IS USING THIS WIKI?
under 30: 1
over 50: 2
prefer not to state age:
Fiction Writer: 8
Nonfiction Writer: 4
Script writer (TV&Film): 2
Script writer (Theatre): 2
Search Committee Lurker:
Unemployed and looking for job:
Administrative job/Publisher: 2
Employed in other field, wanting to re-enter academia:
Employed in other field, just trying to break into academia: 2
Finishing MFA or Ph.D. & going on the market: 5
Have fellowship after MFA or Ph.D. & going on the market:
Working as adjunct/lecturer, looking for TT job: 12
Have visiting gig, looking for TT: 2
Have fixed-term gig, looking for TT: 4
Have visiting gig, looking for another visiting gig (not TT):
Have TT job and looking for new one: 4
Have TT job and on the market because of a spouse/partner: 1
Had TT job but quit to go on the market because of spouse/partner:
Have TT job and want to keep it but need an offer elsewhere to get a raise: 1
Tenured and on the market because of a spouse/partner:
Have tenure but looking for new job: 3
Tenured at undergrad-only institution, looking for job in MFA program:
Window shopping: 2
PhD and MA: 7
PhD and MS:
PhD and MA (lit, not cw):
Phd and Terminal MA:
MFA and ABD: 2
MA and ABD:
MFA, MA, and ABD:
MFA and MS: 1
MFA only: 7
PhD and MFA in: 10
Published articles or stories (Magazine, Anthology, or Journal, etc): 7
No book yet: 4
First book under contract: 3
First academic book under contract:
First book published: 6
First book under contract + edited book published: 1
First book + edited anthologies published: 1
Edited book under contract:
First book + academic book under contract:
First book + critical book published + edited book under contract:
First book published, second book under contract: 4
First book published, second book in submission:
Second book published: 6
Second book published, third under contract: 2
Multiple books published: 5
Multiple books + edited anthology published: 1
WORD ON THE STREET
If you have been invited to a campus visit, is it virtual or in person?
Austin Peay State University: In person tour/interview; virtual job talk/teaching demo
Kennesaw State U publishing/editing/fiction gig (not listed here, for whatever reason): campus visit is virtual
Univ. of Lynchburg: gave the option for in-person or virtual campus visit
Dominican University: in person.
Did Boise State cancel their searches?