As part of the Erasmus+ project ISSES (Information Security Services Education in Serbia), the Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ) sponsors a 4-year PhD position, which should be recruited at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and the Centre for Biometrics, Computer Forensics and Privacy at the University of Zagreb. The contest has been announced in the national gazette (in Croatian, under no. 1) here https://narodne-novine.nn.hr/clanci/oglasi/o8256553.html. The deadline for application is October 5th, 2018, but please inquire earlier since appropriate documentation has to be submitted.
The subject of the doctoral dissertation is related to the field of database forensics, and the selected candidate will enroll in the doctoral study "Information Science" at the Faculty of Organization and Informatics.
Terms & Conditions
- Completed graduate university or integral studies (master level) of information technology or related disciplines.
- The total average of grades at the previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated study) sufficient for enrollment in doctoral studies.
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Enthusiasm in the field of databases, data science and open-source, and the desire for learning and research.
- Basics of computer forensics and forensic analysis.
- Basics of relational database management systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, MS SQL and / or others).
- Basics of the so-called management system. NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, Teradata, ZODB and / or others).
- Good knowledge of programming languages for data processing (e.g. SQL, Datalog, map / reduction techniques, XQuery and / or other), programming languages for graphical interfaces (Visual Basic and / or Gambas etc.) and scripting languages for working with data (Python, NodeJS and / or R).
- Programming Code Versions Management Tool (Git).
Interested candidates can contact markus.schatten_at_foi.hr for further information on the project and work place.