Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Early Modern / Renaissance Literature advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them chronologically by posting date (newest postings at the top).
- Example University. Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s).
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Early Modern / Renaissance Literature 2021-2022 Wiki
2022/01/21 20:23- Dragonwriter -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 20:23, 21 January 2022 Line 67: Line 67: *'''University of Houston-Downtown''' (...
2022/01/21 13:25- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 13:25, 21 January 2022 Line 61: Line 61: **invitation to interview via Zoom and request for additional writing sample (12/13)x2 **invitation...
2022/01/18 21:08- 22.214.171.124 -
- Clean-up of hierarchy and formatting for legibility ← Older revision Revision as of 21:08, 18 January 2022 Line 41: Line 41: **Did online interview (...
2022/01/12 15:20- 5120j -
- Adding categories ← Older revision Revision as of 15:20, 12 January 2022 Line 119: Line 119: Re: Pepperdine-- just FYI https://www.pe...
2022/01/10 15:52- 126.96.36.199 -
- Added data on search progress (date that I interviewed) ← Older revision Revision as of 15:52, 10 January 2022 Line 39: Line 39: *'''Mary Baldwin Col...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_/_Renaissance_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- Boğaziçi University (Istanbul, Turkey). Assistant Professor of Early Modern Literature in English. 30 Sept 2021. TT. (No link found.)
- Belmont Abbey College (Belmont, NC), Assistant Professor of Early Modern English Literature. Deadline: Rolling, review begins Dec 6. TT. FT https://belmontabbeycollege.edu/about-us/employment/tenure-track-position-in-english-2/
- Christian Brothers University (Memphis, TN, USA). Assistant Professor. Medieval and Early Modern Literature. Open until filled. TT. FT. https://cbu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=2D8BAD0FE9B216DC3184A92445BDE807?JOBID=135865&jobboard=148
- Folger Shakespeare Library (Washington, DC, USA). Associate Director for Fellowships. Open. FT. https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FSL_Employment_Opportunities/job/Folger-Campus/Associate-Director-for-Fellowships--Folger-Institute_JR1376.
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD, USA). Post-Doctoral Curatorial Fellow in Early Modern Book History. 15 June 2021. PD. https://apply.interfolio.com/88265.
- Mary Baldwin College / American Shakespeare Center (Staunton, VA). Associate or Full Professor of Shakespeare and Performance. TT. 21 Nov 2021. https://go.marybaldwin.edu/business-and-finance/2021/10/22/associate-professor-of-shakespeare-and-performance/.
- Request for online interview (12/8) +1
- Did online interview (1/4)
- Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA). Assistant Professor of English. Shakespeare/early modern drama. TT. 5 Nov 2021. https://muhlenberg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/MuhlenbergCareers/job/Baker-Center-for-the-Arts/Assistant-Professor--English_R0000544-1.
- Request for zoom interview (1/6)
- Newcastle University (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK). Lecturer in Early Modern Drama. 31 Oct 2021. FT. https://jobs.ncl.ac.uk/job/Newcastle-Lecturer-in-Early-Modern-Drama/721722901/.
- Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA). Assistant Professor of English. Early Modern British Literature. 1 Nov 2021. TT.https://www.higheredjobs.com/details.cfm?JobCode=177637103.
- Request to schedule a Zoom interview (11/23)
- zoom interviews completed. 12/08
- Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA, USA). Tenure Track Assistant Professor in British Literature (Early Modern / Shakespeare / pre-1800). 24 Oct 2021. TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/94591.
- MLA interview request (11/30)x2
- SUNY Cortland (Cortland, NY, USA). Assistant Professor of Early Modern British Literature. 27 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/5323.
- Request for additional materials (11/22)x3
- Request for Zoom interview 12/20
- SUNY New Paltz (New Paltz, NY, USA). Assistant Professor in Literature before 1800. 1 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1411.
- Video interview (first round) request 10/25
- Campus visits scheduled for 12/1 <- Creative Writing 2022
- Trinity College (Hartford, CT, USA). Assistant Professor in drama/Shakespeare. 15 Sept 2021. TT. (No link found.)
- Rejection (Position accepted by candidate) 1/5
- Tufts University (Boston, MA, USA). Assistant Professor in Early Modern Literature/Shakespeare. 1 Nov 2021. TT. http://apply.interfolio.com/93033.
- invitation to interview via Zoom and request for additional writing sample (12/13)x2
- zoom interview (1/6)
- received notice that did not receive campus visit (1/19)
- University of Cincinnati (Ohio, USA). Assistant Professor British Literature. 5 Nov 2021. https://jobs.uc.edu/job/Cincinnati-Assistant-Professor,-British-Literature-OH-45201/800645800/?locale=en_US
- Email to schedule Zoom interview (11/19)
- University of Houston-Downtown (Houston, TX, USA). Assistant Professor of early modern British Literature. 1 Dec 2021. TT. https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex3_uhdf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC002058&tz
- Request for additional materials (syllabus and writing sample) 12/20 (x2)
- Request for Zoom interview (1/21)
- University of Notre Dame (South Bend, IN, USA). Rare Books Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. 23 Aug 2021. FT. http://apply.interfolio.com/90285.
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT, USA). Associate/Full Professor of medieval or early modern British literature. 2 Nov 2021. TT. https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/121660.
- request for zoom interview 12/17
- Yale University (New Haven, CT, USA). Assistant Professor of Early Modern Drama; two positions. 1 Nov 2021. TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/93834.
- More materials request (letters of rec) 12/3
- Rejection (12/10)x2
- request for zoom interview 12/10
Jobs with 2022 Application Deadlines
Word on the Street
RE: Mary Baldwin associate/full
- Is this a case where they’re actually recruiting? That is, is it worth applying if you haven’t been invited to apply?
RE: Trinity position
- Can someone confirm this job actually exists / how they know it exists? Can't locate posting... [Yes--call for application circulated via email by department chair with one week between call and application deadline....]
- Why is this even listed here? This is clearly not a genuine search. There is an early modernist VAP there at the moment so clearly the job is already in their pocket--otherwise why a one-week difference between the "official" call for applications and the deadline? Ridiculous. It's totally insulting that someone keeps posting this fake listing to the Wiki, frankly.
- Note that TPII observes inside candidates not getting the post more often than not, FWIW: https://theprofessorisin.com/2012/01/05/what-insider-candidates-persist-in-doing-wrong/.
- Where I work being the inside candidate almost always works against you--it's a little like the Price Is Right where you can have the perfectly good colleague in front of you, or go for what's behind door number 3 !
- Heard thru the grapevine Trinity already did interviews and offers, so, it does seem like an inside candidate
- Update: job went to an outside candidate as of early Jan
RE: Old Dominion University
- Beware: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2021/06/18/old-dominion-defends-itself-and-blake-bailey-against-misconduct-allegations