Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Early Modern / Renaissance Literature advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them chronologically by posting date (newest postings at the top).
- Example University. Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s).
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Early Modern / Renaissance Literature 2021-2022 Wiki
2022/01/28 16:43- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 16:43, 28 January 2022 Line 53: Line 53: **Request for additional materials (11/22)x3 **Request for additional materials (11/22)x3 **...
2022/01/28 16:14- 22.214.171.124 -
- Added College of Charleston posting ← Older revision Revision as of 16:14, 28 January 2022 Line 35: Line 35: *'''Belmont Abbey College''' (Belmont, N...
2022/01/21 20:23- Dragonwriter -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 20:23, 21 January 2022 Line 67: Line 67: *'''University of Houston-Downtown''' (...
2022/01/21 13:25- 126.96.36.199 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 13:25, 21 January 2022 Line 61: Line 61: **invitation to interview via Zoom and request for additional writing sample (12/13)x2 **invitation...
2022/01/18 21:08- 188.8.131.52 -
- Clean-up of hierarchy and formatting for legibility ← Older revision Revision as of 21:08, 18 January 2022 Line 41: Line 41: **Did online interview (...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Early_Modern_/_Renaissance_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- Boğaziçi University (Istanbul, Turkey). Assistant Professor of Early Modern Literature in English. 30 Sept 2021. TT. (No link found.)
- Folger Shakespeare Library (Washington, DC, USA). Associate Director for Fellowships. Open. FT. https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FSL_Employment_Opportunities/job/Folger-Campus/Associate-Director-for-Fellowships--Folger-Institute_JR1376.
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD, USA). Post-Doctoral Curatorial Fellow in Early Modern Book History. 15 June 2021. PD. https://apply.interfolio.com/88265.
- Pepperdine University (Malibu, CA, USA). Tenure Track Assistant Professor in British Literature (Early Modern / Shakespeare / pre-1800). 24 Oct 2021. TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/94591.
- SUNY Cortland (Cortland, NY, USA). Assistant Professor of Early Modern British Literature. 27 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/5323.
- SUNY New Paltz (New Paltz, NY, USA). Assistant Professor in Literature before 1800. 1 Oct 2021. TT. https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/1411.
- Trinity College (Hartford, CT, USA). Assistant Professor in drama/Shakespeare. 15 September 2021. (No link found.)
- Tufts University (Boston, MA, USA). Assistant Professor in Early Modern Literature/Shakespeare. 1 Nov 2021. TT. http://apply.interfolio.com/93033.
- University of Notre Dame (South Bend, IN, USA). Rare Books Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. 23 Aug 2021. FT. http://apply.interfolio.com/90285.
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT, USA). Associate/Full Professor of medieval or early modern British literature. 2 Nov 2021. TT. https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/121660.
- Yale University (New Haven, CT, USA). Assistant Professor of Early Modern Drama; two positions. 1 Nov 2021. TT. https://apply.interfolio.com/93834.
Jobs with 2022 Application Deadlines
Word on the Street
RE: Trinity position
- Can someone confirm this job actually exists / how they know it exists? Can't locate posting... [Yes--call for application circulated via email by department chair with one week between call and application deadline....]
- Why is this even listed here? This is clearly not a genuine search. There is an early modernist VAP there at the moment so clearly the job is already in their pocket--otherwise why a one-week difference between the "official" call for applications and the deadline? Ridiculous. It's totally insulting that someone keeps posting this fake listing to the Wiki, frankly.
- Note that TPII observes inside candidates not getting the post more often than note, FWIW: https://theprofessorisin.com/2012/01/05/what-insider-candidates-persist-in-doing-wrong/.