Wiki page for Academic Jobs in East Asian Studies, Languages, and Literatures advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season. This page is for jobs that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: East Asian Studies, Languages, and Literatures 2020-2021
See also: Ethnic Studies 2021-2022
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
RECENT ACTIVITY on East Asian Studies 2021-2022
2021/12/02 19:15- 18.104.22.168 -
- UMD position ← Older revision Revision as of 19:15, 2 December 2021 Line 46: Line 46: 11/13 campus interviews arranged 11/13 campus interviews...
2021/11/30 16:35- Srq09 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 16:35, 30 November 2021 Line 51: Line 51: '''7. Georgetown University (Washington, DC),''' Assistant Professor of Modern Chinese Li...
2021/11/23 19:12- 22.214.171.124 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 19:12, 23 November 2021 Line 47: Line 47: '''6. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC),''' Assistant Profess...
2021/11/16 16:42- 126.96.36.199 -
- added two posts, updated with new info for Pomona job. ← Older revision Revision as of 16:42, 16 November 2021 Line 35: Line 35: == Jobs with 2021 Ap...
2021/11/13 04:03- Osugi23 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 04:03, 13 November 2021 Line 43: Line 43: 11/5 Zoom interviews arranged 11/5 Zoom interviews arranged − '''6. Univers...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/East_Asian_Studies_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- Carnegie Mellon (Pittsburg, PA). Full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Chinese Studies. Deadline: November 15. https://apply.interfolio.com/94345
- College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, MA, USA). Full-time tenure-track appointment in Chinese Studies. Deadline: September 29. https://apply.interfolio.com/92375
- University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ, USA), Full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor in Contemporary Japanese Studies. Deadline: November 30. https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=62263
- Aarhus University (Aarhus, Denmark), Assistant professorship in a tenure-track position in Japan Studies with a focus on modern or contemporary Japan. Deadline: November 10. https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=62208
- Fordham University (New York, New York), Assistant Professor of Chinese Studies. Deadline: December 12, 2021. https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=62414
- Pomona College (Claremont, CA), Assistant Professor of Chinese. Deadline: November. 1. https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/19441
11/5 Zoom interviews arranged
11/13 campus interviews arranged
6. University of Maryland, College Park (College Park, MD), Assistant Professor in Sinophone Cinema and Media Studies. Deadline: November 22. https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=62294
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC), Assistant Professor of Modern Chinese and Sinophone Studies. Deadline: November 5. https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/199882
11/23 Zoom interviews arranged
7. Georgetown University (Washington, DC), Assistant Professor of Modern Chinese Literature and Culture. Deadline: October 25. https://apply.interfolio.com/95206
11/12 Zoom interview scheduled
11/27 Campus visit invitation received
8. University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA), Assistant Professor of Chinese and Sinophone Literatures. Deadline: November 23. https://apply.interfolio.com/94117
9. University of California Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA), Interdisciplinary Scholar and/or Artist of South Asian Studies with an Emphasis on Issues of Economic and/or Social Justice. Deadline: June 30. https://apptrkr.com/2666491
Word on the Street
Any news on the TT assistant prof. job at Yale in Japanese Lit.? [11/05]