Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Jewish Studies advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season.
See also: Religious Studies and Theology 2021-2022
Last year's page: Jewish Studies 2020-2021
RECENT ACTIVITY on Jewish Studies 2021-2022 Wiki
2021/10/22 19:02- Jules616161 -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 19:02, 22 October 2021 Line 36: Line 36: <br /> <...
2021/10/21 20:19- Jules616161 -
- Florida State University, Assistant Professor in Religions of Western Antiquity - 10/18 ← Older revision Revision as of 20:19, 21 October 2021 Line 32: Line...
2021/10/21 20:17- Jules616161 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 20:17, 21 October 2021 Line 2: Line 2: + See also: [[Religious Studies and Theology 2021-2022]] +...
2021/10/21 20:14- Jules616161 -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 20:14, 21 October 2021 Line 14: Line 14: ==Jobs with 2021 Applic...
2021/10/21 20:07- Jules616161 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 20:07, 21 October 2021 Line 8: Line 8: Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Jewish_Studies_2021-2022?feed=rss&a...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Jewish_Studies_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY on Jewish Studies 2021-2022 Wiki
- 2 Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- 2.1 Harvard University, Assistant Professor - Hebrew Bible, - 9/1
- 2.2 George Mason University, Assistant Professor - Judaic Studies - 10/1
- 2.3 Middlebury College - Biblical studies and Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean - 10/15
- 2.4 Princeton University, Assistant Professor Ancient Judaism - 10/15
- 2.5 Florida State University, Assistant Professor in Religions of Western Antiquity - 10/18
- 2.6 University of Hartford, Assistant Professor of Judaic Studies -11/15/21
View page history: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Jewish_Studies_2020-2021?action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
Harvard University, Assistant Professor - Hebrew Bible, - 9/1
Harvard University's Faculty of Divinity seeks to make a full-time, tenure-track appointment in the field of Hebrew Bible. The search is open to a variety of approaches and to any area of specialization within the field, understood as the critical study of the Hebrew Bible within the broader context of the history, literature, and religious thought of ancient Israel and Second Temple Judaism.
George Mason University, Assistant Professor - Judaic Studies - 10/1
George Mason University invites applications for a faculty position at the rank of Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Judaic Studies to begin in Fall 2022.
Middlebury College - Biblical studies and Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean - 10/15
a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in Biblical studies and religion in the ancient Mediterranean to begin July 1st, 2022. While having a solid historical and linguistic training is indispensable, we welcome candidates whose research and teaching integrates diverse methodological approaches including but not limited to archaeology and material culture, gender and sexuality, and/or contextual and minoritized interpretations. Teaching responsibilities will include an introduction to biblical literature with attention to the cultural contexts of Mediterranean antiquity. Other courses may include, but are not limited to, courses on the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, early Judaism and Christianity, and Introduction to Religion. In addition, the candidate is expected to contribute regularly to the college-wide curriculum, including the first-year seminar program and winter term curriculum. Our faculty have significant freedom to develop courses according to their own intellectual interests. Our department relishes the challenge of teaching religious studies to undergraduates in a liberal arts setting. We also cultivate conversations among ourselves about our varied approaches to the study of religion as well as our shared interests and seek candidates who would welcome and contribute to such discussions.
Princeton University, Assistant Professor Ancient Judaism - 10/15
Florida State University, Assistant Professor in Religions of Western Antiquity - 10/18
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, Department of Religion invites applications for a full-time, 9-month tenure track Assistant Professor in Religions of Western Antiquity to begin on August 8th, 2022. Specialization is open. Preference is for expertise in areas that will broaden the historical and thematic strengths of the program. Applicants must show evidence of an independent program of scholarly research yielding significant peer-reviewed publications, and must show promise of a strong teaching contribution in the context of a comprehensive religious studies program (B.A. through Ph.D.). The successful candidate will be expected to have the Ph.D. in hand by August 8th, 2022. We especially welcome applications from women, members of underrepresented groups, and scholars committed to antiracist pedagogies and forms of analysis that address race, gender, and social location. For more information about our department and programs, please visit http://religion.fsu.edu. For full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and supporting materials (transcripts, course outlines, and samples of written work) as one pdf at: http://jobs.fsu.edu job ad 49912 by October 18, 2021. This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Directions for this process are detailed in the FSU job ad 49912. Questions may be sent to []. The Florida State University is An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer
University of Hartford, Assistant Professor of Judaic Studies -11/15/21
The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Hartford invites applications for the tenure-track Philip D. Feltman Professor of Modern Jewish History position in the Department of Judaic Studies. The successful candidate will also join the Maurice Greenberg Center for Judaic Studies, which offers a series of robust public programs each semester and maintains an active role in the Greater Hartford community. The College expects to make an appointment at the Assistant Professor level. There may be an option for more experienced candidates to request a shortened probationary period.