Back to: History 2021-22
Last Year's Page: Latin American History 2020-21
When posting new jobs:
- Follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
- Our users come from all over the world - please use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Please be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY on Latin American History 2021-22 Wiki
- 2 Open/Mixed
- 2.1 Baruch College, City University of New York (USA:NY) - Caribbean Studies
- 2.2 Baylor University (USA:TX)
- 2.3 Boston College (USA:MA)
- 2.4 Bucknell University (USA: PA) - Post-Columbian
- 2.5 Eastern Illinois University (USA:IL) - Latin America or Latinx
- 2.6 Florida International University (USA:FL) - Modern Cuban [Open Rank]
- 2.7 George Washington University (USA:DC)
- 2.8 Gettysburg College (USA:PA) - [Non-tt:VAP]
- 2.9 Laval University (CAN)
- 2.10 Morgan State University (USA:MD) - Caribbean and Latin American
- 2.11 Northwestern University- Assistant Professor in Latinx Studies
- 2.12 Regis University (USA:CO) - Latin America and/or Iberian Atlantic
- 2.13 Santa Clara University (USA: CA) - pref. Mexican History
- 2.14 Spelman College (USA:GA), pref. African diaspora
- 2.15 St Josephs College (USA:NY)
- 2.16 Texas Christian University (USA:TX) - Open Rank, Latin American Studies
- 2.17 Tufts University (USA: MA)
- 2.18 University of California, Irvine (USA:CA) - Mexico and/or Central America
- 2.19 University of Houston - Clear Lake (USA:TX) - pref. Mexican history
- 2.20 Utica College (USA:NY) - Afro-Latinx Studies and/or Diaspora
- 2.21 University of Notre Dame (USA:IN) pref. Afro-Latinx
- 2.22 Vassar College (USA: NY) - Immigration and race in Latin American and Latinx Studies
- 2.23 Washington and Lee University (USA:VA) - Asst. or Assoc., Latin American & Latinx
- 2.24 Wayne State University (USA: MI) - Assistant or Associate, pref. Mexico
- 3 Pre-Colonial/Colonial
- 4 Colonial
- 5 Modern
RECENT ACTIVITY on Latin American History 2021-22 Wiki
2021/11/30 20:29- 126.96.36.199 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 20:29, 30 November 2021 Line 270: Line 270: * Review begins: '''17 Sept. 2021''' and continues until position filled * Review begins: '''17 S...
2021/11/30 03:14- 188.8.131.52 -
- Baruch College ← Older revision Revision as of 03:14, 30 November 2021 Line 24: Line 24: ==Open/Mixed== ==Open/Mixed== ...
2021/11/28 04:06- 184.108.40.206 -
- Added Wayne State ← Older revision Revision as of 04:06, 28 November 2021 Line 240: Line 240: *[29 Oct] On-campus interview email *[29 Oct] On-...
2021/11/28 03:52- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 03:52, 28 November 2021 Line 54: Line 54: :* Recommendation letters, sample syllabi, and a writing sample will be requested if the candidate advanc...
2021/11/25 15:26- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 15:26, 25 November 2021 Line 178: Line 178: * Applications submitted by '''1 November 2021''' will receive full consideration. * Applications...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Latin_American_History_2021-22?feed=rss&action=history
Baruch College, City University of New York (USA:NY) - Caribbean Studies
- Department of Black and Latino Studies at Baruch College, City University of New York invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2022
- We welcome applications in areas such as empire and colonialism, gender, sexuality, environmental justice, and comparative approaches to Black life and Caribbean cultures.
- Applicants should have or anticipate a PhD by August 2022 in fields including but not limited to Caribbean Studies, Afro-Caribbean Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Cultural Studies, Performance Studies, Anthropology, Literature, Religion, or History.
- Link: http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html
- Required: cover letter, CV, three letters of recommendation, teaching and equity statement, and writing sample
- For full consideration, applicants should submit their materials by 15 December 2021
- Tenure track assistant professor in the field of Latin American history.
- Candidates should possess an earned doctorate in the appropriate field of study. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a research and teaching agenda appropriate for an R-1 institution and will be encouraged to seek research funding
- Your will be asked to provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae; copy of official transcripts showing the highest degree conferred (if ABD, also submit official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours), and a list of three references in the application process.
- Link: https://apply.interfolio.com/88604
- Deadline: 1 Oct. 2021
- Request for additional materials [8 Oct]
- Application withdrawn after they made it clear that you must be religious for the position.
Moved to North_American_History_2021-22
Bucknell University (USA: PA) - Post-Columbian
- Tenure-track assistant professorship in Latin American History, to begin in August 2022.
- Research approach and geographical area are open. Part of a cluster hire focusing on race.
- Ph.D. required at time of employment.
- Submit a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; a sample of scholarship; and three letters of recommendation.
- To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2410329
- Review begins: 13 Sept. 2021
- interview request 14 Sept for Sept 29th and October 1st
- Campus visit (11 Oct)
Eastern Illinois University (USA:IL) - Latin America or Latinx
- tenure-track position in Latin American or Latinx History at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin 16 Aug. 2022
- Subfields open, though ability to teach courses in U.S. history a plus
- Teaching: The successful candidate will teach survey courses, upper-division and MA courses in their field(s) of specialization, and methods and capstone courses as necessary. This position will contribute to the Latin American and Latinx Studies Minor.
- To apply, please submit the following: a cover letter specifying the applicant's interest in and qualifications for the position; CV; and the names and contact information of three references. Please submit application materials on Interfolio via the link http://apply.interfolio.com/95991.
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2022
- Recommendation letters, sample syllabi, and a writing sample will be requested if the candidate advances to the preliminary interview stage.
Florida International University (USA:FL) - Modern Cuban [Open Rank]
- Open Rank - (Associate, Assistant or Professor) – Modern Cuban History (post-1895 period).
- teaching load: 2/2
- Qualified applicants should apply to Job Opening ID 525558 at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/ .
- Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S. is subject to additional screening. Also, any US citizens or permanent residents who have been affiliated with or who have had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria are subject to additional screening.
- Please submit your cover letter, C.V., and a diversity statement (https://go.fiu.edu/diversitystatement) , in a single PDF file. In your cover letter, please discuss your scholarly profile, your teaching expertise and pedagogical innovations, any externally funded projects, and how you envision your work enhancing and diversifying the Department’s strengths. Your cover letter should also speak to your demonstrated commitment to creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus community and your vision for contributing to this work at FIU. For more information about ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at FIU, visit https://dei.fiu.edu/ and https://advance.fiu.edu/ . Please address any questions to the search committee chair, Dr. Julio Capó, Jr. at email@example.com .
- Deadline: applications accepted until position filled but review date is stated as 17 Dec. 2021
- Three letters of reference will be solicited from finalists at a later date.
- Tenure track position in Latin American History at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin in the Fall 2022 term.
- Period and specialization are open, while the Department’s teaching and research interests focus on the modern period.
- A PhD in history or a closely related field in hand by the time of appointment. Applicants must be able to demonstrate significant research promise and teaching competence.
- Applicants should upload a cover letter that includes a description of their contribution to diversity and inclusion in higher education through their teaching, research and/or experience. In particular, candidates should describe how they foster an inclusive and pluralistic environment in the classroom. The application should also include a research and teaching statement, a current curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and names and contact information of three references.
- Review of applications will begin on 18 November 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Gettysburg College (USA:PA) - [Non-tt:VAP]
- one-year Visiting Assistant Professor in Latin American History beginning August 2022.
- Expertise in any time period from the 16th up to the 21st century is welcome. We seek individuals who have a genuine interest in teaching within the liberal arts environment.
- Teaching Load: 3/3 - Teaching responsibilities will include some combination of: 100-level World History courses for majors or non-majors; 200-level Colonial and Modern Latin American History surveys; and 200- or 300-level courses in the successful candidate’s area of expertise.
- Applicants should apply online at: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/3996 A cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching goals in a liberal arts environment should be submitted. In addition, applicants should enter the names and email addresses of three professional references at least one of whom can speak to the applicant’s teaching effectiveness. After the applicant completes the online application, the professional references indicated will be contacted by Gettysburg College via email to submit letters of recommendation electronically.
- For full consideration: 1 Dec. 2021however, submissions will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled
- Canada Research Chair, History of Latin America, Date d’entrée en fonction : À partir de l’été 2023
- Le statut de titulaire d’une Chaire de recherche du Canada permet de dédier davantage de temps à des travaux de recherche dans sa charge professorale. Les fonctions incluent les activités de recherche, de publication et de rayonnement, l’enseignement aux trois cycles d’études, l’encadrement aux 2e et 3e cycles, et toute autre activité prévue à la convention collective des professeures et professeurs de l’Université Laval
- Les candidates et les candidats devront posséder un doctorat dans la discipline concernée et devront fournir la preuve de leur excellence en enseignement et en recherche.
- Dans le cadre de cet appel, le Département de sciences historiques accueille les candidatures qui s’inscrivent dans le champ de recherche de l’histoire de l’Amérique latine.
- Deadline: 8 Nov. 2021 4pm local time.
Morgan State University (USA:MD) - Caribbean and Latin American
- Assistant Professor/Associate of History/ Caribbean and Latin American
- The successful applicant will be expected to play a critical role in the PH.D. History program, the MA African American Studies program (which has African Diaspora History as an area of emphasis) and the undergraduate History program as well as the required General Education introduction to the African Diaspora course.
- Preferred candidates should be able to address Latin American and Caribbean history from diasporic and transnational perspectives.
- Morgan State is a public, historically Black research university (HBCU).
- The following documents must be uploaded prior to submission: cover letter, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy and list contact information for three references within the reference category of your application.
- To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2636506
- "Job close date" 15 Dec.
Northwestern University- Assistant Professor in Latinx Studies
- Moved to Chicanx & Latinx Studies 2021-2022
Regis University (USA:CO) - Latin America and/or Iberian Atlantic
- Tenure-track position in the history of Latin America and/or the Iberian Atlantic at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 1, 2022.
- The area and period of specialization are open.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to teach the department’s survey courses in both Latin American and European history. Though full consideration will be given to those whose teaching expertise primarily resides in one geographic region or the other.
- The standard teaching load is typically 3x3.
- Regis is a Jesuit Catholic liberal arts college in Denver, Colorado.
- Questions may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Michael Chiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Required materials: CV, cover letter, teaching statement, diversity statement
- Submit all materials electronically to: https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/RegisUniversity.
- Deadline for full consideration: 15 October. The position will remain open until filled. S
- First round interviews will be conducted via Zoom the week of 29 November.
- Any updates on this one?
- Zoom Interview Request x2
Santa Clara University (USA: CA) - pref. Mexican History
- Tenure-track assistant professor position in Latin American and Caribbean history
- Area and period of research specialty are open, but we are particularly interested in candidates whose research focuses on Mexican history.
- Especially welcome are candidates whose research and teaching focus on Latin American history with intersecting interests in fields such as U.S.-Mexico Border Studies, Afro-Latinx Studies, Critical Race Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Transnational Studies, or Diasporic Studies.
- This search is part of a cluster hire in Race, Inequality, and Social Justice.
- A Ph.D. in Latin American History is required, but advanced ABDs may apply if the PhD will be completed by the contract start date.
- A foreign national who is appointed to a tenured or tenure-track faculty position is eligible for sponsorship
- The official load for tenure-track faculty is seven courses over three academic quarters, with a one-course reduction for research-active faculty. That is, the typical load is two 10-week courses per academic quarter, for three quarters.
- Santa Clara University is a private, Jesuit, Catholic university located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley that is committed to promoting social justice in a liberal arts educational setting.
- Materials required: CV, cover letter, article-length writing sample, teaching statement and portfolio (syllabi and evaluations), research statement, diversity statement, a statement of how the candidate's research plans might foster intradepartmental and interdepartmental connections across the college and the university's, unofficial grad transcript, 3 letters of reference
- Letter writers should email references to email@example.com.
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply at www.scu.edu/hr/careers/faculty.cfm
- Deadline: 15 October 2021
- Selected applicants will be contacted for Zoom interviews in December, followed by on-campus interviews in January
- Request for Zoom Interview
Spelman College (USA:GA), pref. African diaspora
- Department of History is hiring a tenure-track appointment, Assistant Professor in Latin America and Caribbean History, preferably with an African Diaspora focus.
- Spelman is a college for women and an historically Black liberal arts college
- Ability to teach courses in at least one of the following specializations: women, gender and sexuality; society and culture; migration; labor; economics; environmental history; political history.
- A working knowledge of instructional technologies and Digital Humanities will be an advantage.
- Hire must have the doctoral degree in hand by August 2022.
- Required materials: CV, cover letter, research statement, teaching statement, transcripts, letters of recommendation
- Apply: https://spelman.peopleadmin.com/postings/3804
- Closing date: 26 November 2021
- tenure-track position at the assistant professor level in Latin American history beginning August 2022.
- Specialization is open to all thematic areas and historical periods
- Candidates should submit cover letter, C.V., sample syllabi, student evaluations, and writing sample in a single PDF document to email@example.com. Confidential letters of reference should be sent under separate cover to the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Deadline: 15 Jan. 2022
Texas Christian University (USA:TX) - Open Rank, Latin American Studies
- Neville G. Penrose Chair in History and Latin American Studies, at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor, to begin August 2022.
- The position carries a 1/1 teaching load, a competitive salary, and a discretionary research fund.
- Applications from scholars of all time periods and specializations within Latin American history are welcome and will receive full consideration.
- This position is part of a multi-position cluster hire in race, ethnicity, and social justice, which also involves searches in political science, sociology, and religion.
- The cluster hire serves to, amongst other things, "recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars."
- Applications should be submitted online through the TCU Human Resources website at https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/job/497160/neville-g-penrose-chair-in-latin-american-studies-assistant-associate-or-professor
- Required materials: cover letter, CV, a statement of research, and one-page statement addressing how the candidate will contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion at TCU. Please provide the name of three references who may be asked to submit letters of reference on your behalf.
- Questions regarding the position should be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Alex Hidalgo (email@example.com).
- Review of positions is ongoing, applications will receive priority if received by 29 Nov. 2021.
- Position was re-advertised as open rank, with a Nov. deadline. Info. updated above.
- The Department of History at Tufts University seeks a tenure-stream historian of Latin America, at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Specialists in all periods and subfields are welcome to apply.
- Candidates will be expected to teach two courses per semester, in a rotation that includes surveys of pre-modern and modern periods as well as specialized courses.
- Qualifications: A PhD in History at time of hire and evidence of strong scholarly accomplishment or potential required; strong teaching experience preferred.
- Application letters should be addressed to Dr. James Rice, Search Committee Chair.
- Materials: Cover letter, CV, writing sample, 3 letters of reference
- All application materials must be submitted via Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/92752
- Review of applications begins 1 October 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
- Preliminary interviews will be conducted in late October or early November.
- Zoom interview 28 Oct.
- email rejection 10 Nov.
University of California, Irvine (USA:CA) - Mexico and/or Central America
- The Departments of History and Comparative Literature at UCI seeks a tenure-track assistant professor in the cultural history of Mexico and/or Central America (open period).
- Preference for scholars working on Indigenous communities and/or environmental humanities.
- Collaborative search, for potential appointment in one or both departments.
- Qualifications: PhD in History, Comparative Literature, Spanish or an interdisciplinary field. ABD may be considered. PhD must be completed by 7/1/2022.
- Materials: Cover letter, CV, teaching statement, diversity statement, writing sample, list of 3 references.
- Application materials must be submitted via https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07021.
- Applications submitted by 1 November 2021 will receive full consideration.
- Cross-listed with Spanish_and_Portuguese_2021-2022
- Zoom interview request [22 November]
- Cross-listed with Spanish_and_Portuguese_2021-2022
University of Houston - Clear Lake (USA:TX) - pref. Mexican history
- Tenure-track, Assistant Professor of Latin American History beginning Fall 2022
- Course load: three courses per semester, fall and spring, including a lower-level undergraduate section on the history of Texas
- Preferred: Specialization in the history of Mexico
- The University of Houston-Clear Lake is an HSI: Hispanic Serving Institution
- Materials: cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement, and evidence of teaching excellence.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. must be provided as condition of employment. A background check and the successful pass of a criminal history record check is required prior to on-campus interviews.
- Apply at https://www.uhcl.edu/human-resources/employment/
- Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be open until filled, with priority given to applications received by 15 December.
- Reference letters will only be required of candidates invited for an on-campus interview.
Utica College (USA:NY) - Afro-Latinx Studies and/or Diaspora
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in History who specializes in Afro-Latinx Studies and the African-Latinx Diaspora, to start August 1, 2022.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in the History curriculum in their primary field of research as well as aid in the development of the new major in Africana Studies.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. are preferred, but ABD candidates will be considered upon evidence of near completion of degree.
- Candidates’ degrees will be in History with primary research area grounded in Latin America and the Afro-Latinx Diasporic Experience.
- To apply, submit a letter of application, CV, Statement of Teach Philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. Candidates are asked to submit an additional reflective statement about teaching in the required applicant document titled “diversity statement”.
- All application materials must be submitted online at the following link: https://uc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3343
- Applications received by 23 November 2021 will receive consideration.
- The phrasing on this job ad is a little misleading. It sounds like they are primarily interested in Afro-Latin American + diaspora history.
- Zoom Interview [12 November]
- Virtual campus interview email [17 November]
University of Notre Dame (USA:IN) pref. Afro-Latinx
Moved to North_American_History_2021-22
Vassar College (USA: NY) - Immigration and race in Latin American and Latinx Studies
- The Latin American and Latino/a Studies Program seeks to hire an Assistant Professor of Latin American and Latinx Studies.
- This hire is part of Vassar’s five-position Cluster Hire Initiative in the Study of Race, Racism, and Racial Justice.
- We seek a social scientist with a multidisciplinary perspective and research competence in the study of immigration, race, and political or citizenship rights of populations from Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or North American Latinx communities.
- We are especially interested in scholars whose intersectional research, teaching, and praxis focus on historically vulnerable populations, including Indigenous, women and children, LGBTQIA, dis/abled, and/or Afro-Latinx immigrants.
- The successful applicant will offer core courses in Latin American and Latinx Studies, along with multidisciplinary courses on immigration and race that will be cross-listed with the Political Science Department and the American Studies Program.
- A Ph.D. in the social sciences or related fields is required.
- Materials required: C.V., cover letter, diversity statement, unofficial graduate school transcripts, teaching statement, and three letters of reference.
- For inquiries, email Eréndira Rueda, Director of Latin American and Latinx Studies at [].
- Application link: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2148
- For full consideration, applicants should apply by 8 November 2021.
Washington and Lee University (USA:VA) - Asst. or Assoc., Latin American & Latinx
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Latin American and Latina/o/x History, to begin Aug. 2022
- Area and period of research specialty are open, but candidates whose research and teaching explore issues related to race, gender, class, sexuality, indigeneity, migration, and immigration are particularly welcome
- Teaching Load: Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to teach the department’s two-term introductory sequence in Latin American history, and to offer courses in their own area of specialization at all levels. Candidates should also be prepared to contribute to the university’s interdisciplinary Latin American and Caribbean Studies program
- Candidates should submit a letter of application describing their teaching interests, experience, and pedagogical philosophy; summarizing their current and future scholarship; and reflecting their work with a diverse student population. Applicants should also provide a CV and a list of three references.
- Semi-finalists will be asked to supply three confidential letters of recommendation and a writing sample before their interview
- All materials should be uploaded here: apply.interfolio.com/90430.
- For more information, please contact Prof. Molly Michelmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review begins: 4 Oct. 2021
- Semi-finalists will be interviewed via Zoom
- [15 Oct] Request for Interview (x 2)
- [20 Oct] Rejection email (x 2)
- [29 Oct] On-campus interview email
- [22 Nov] Accepted offer
Wayne State University (USA: MI) - Assistant or Associate, pref. Mexico
- Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure track appointment starting Fall 2022
- The candidate's specialization should reflect a critical, interdisciplinary approach to Latin American history.
- Candidates who can teach and conduct research in the history of Mexico are especially encouraged to apply.
- Required: an earned Ph.D. at the time of appointment
- Apply at jobs.wayne.edu
- Materials not specified
- Job posted 23 Nov. 2021, and review seems like it will begin immediately.
College of the Holy Cross (USA:MA) - Early Modern
- Full-time tenure-track appointment to begin in August 2022 in Early Modern Latin America (pre-contact to 1791) with a preferred focus on indigenous history
- Of particular interest will be the candidate whose work and teaching centers on empire and colonial networks, and indigenous collaborations and resistanc
- Teaching Load: 3/2 "The successful candidate will be prepared to teach a Colonial Latin America survey and new courses on empire and indigenous history in Latin America from trans-regional perspectives before 1791...
- Please submit a cover letter addressing the position requirements listed above, curriculum vitae, statement on teaching, transcripts, and three confidential letters of recommendation. In your cover letter, in addition to describing your research and teaching interests, please address how your scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and/or service might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity. The College of the Holy Cross uses Interfolio to collect all faculty job applications electronically. Please submit all application materials to https://apply.interfolio.com/92238.
- Review begins: 17 Sept. 2021 and continues until position filled
- Zoom interview Oct. 12 (x 2)
- Declined Nov. 30
University of Texas-Austin (USA: TX) [tenure-track position]
- The Department of History at The University of Texas at Austin seeks to hire a scholar at any stage of an Assistant Professor level for a full-time, tenure-track position with specialization in any area of the history of Colonial Latin America.
- Qualified applicants will have a PhD in hand by August 18, 2022.
- To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/84102
- Qualified candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The review of applications will begin 1 November and continue until the position is filled.
- After initial review, candidates may be asked to submit additional materials.
University of Texas-Austin (USA: TX) [Senior hire]
- Department of History at The University of Texas at Austin seeks to hire an advanced tenured Associate or Full Professor in Latin American Colonial History
- Specific area of specialization open, although scholars who work on race, class, gender, or colonial encounters and native history are especially encouraged to apply.
- This hire is part of a major departmental initiative in transnational history.
- Applicants may currently hold the rank of either associate or full professor.
- Required materials: CV and cover letter
- To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/84098
- The review of applications will begin immediately [6 Oct.] and continue until the position is filled.
- After initial review, candidates may be asked to submit additional materials.
University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley (USA: TX)
- The University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley seeks a tenure-track, Assistant Professor of History, specializing in Colonial Latin American History.
- All regions will be considered.
- UTRGV is a Hispanic-serving institution. [An HSI is defined in federal law as an institution of higher education with 25%+ Hispanic or Latino undergraduates.]
- Doctoral degree must be conferred by 31 August 2022.
- Materials required: CV, cover letter, unofficial transcript, writing sample, teaching statement, list of references
- Link to apply: https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/30305.
- Deadline: 31 December 2021
- Assistant professorship in the history of modern Latin America
- Applicants should provide a cover letter, cv, and two page dissertation or book abstract. At least three referees should be entered into the online system, which will automatically generate requests for letters.
- For candidates who do not yet have a PhD, the recommendation of the principal advisor must include precise information on the present state of the dissertation and the likelihood of completion by summer 2022
- Review begins: 15 Oct. 2021
- they must've notified shortlisted people already, right? (Nov 17)
- Whoever gets on that shortlist, please ask the SC about prospects of getting tenure, and how Latin Americanists have historically fared in that department. Good luck! :)
- A round of interviews took place in early November.
- they must've notified shortlisted people already, right? (Nov 17)
- Tenure-track, Assistant Professor in modern Latin American history
- Required: ability to teach courses in the geographical area of specialty, race and ethnicity, Mexican history, and the history of the Americas.
- The department encourages applications from candidates whose research focuses on one or more of the following subfields – environmental history, cultural history, historical archeology, public history, post-colonialism, migrations and borders, inequality, and human rights.
- A PhD is required by the time of appointment.
- Required materials: Cover Letter, CV, Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness, Sample of Scholarly Writing, 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Please direct questions to Professor Stephen Bittner, Chair, Latin American History Search, email@example.com
- Salary: $75,000
- Applications may be submitted online at https://employment.sonoma.edu/en-us/listing/
- Review of applications will begin on 15 November 2021