Back to: History 2021-22
Last Year's Page: Latin American History 2020-21
When posting new jobs:
- Follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
- Our users come from all over the world - please use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Please be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY on Latin American History 2021-22 Wiki
- 2 Open/Mixed
- 2.1 Baylor University (USA:TX)
- 2.2 Boston College (USA:MA)
- 2.3 Bucknell University (USA: PA) - Post-Columbian
- 2.4 Eastern Illinois University (USA:IL) - Latin America or Latinx
- 2.5 George Washington University (USA:DC)
- 2.6 Laval University (CAN)
- 2.7 Regis University (USA:CO) - Latin America and/or Iberian Atlantic
- 2.8 Santa Clara University (USA: CA) - pref. Mexican History
- 2.9 Spelman College (USA:GA), pref. African diaspora
- 2.10 Texas Christian University (USA:TX) - [Senior Hire] Latin American Studies
- 2.11 Tufts University (USA: MA)
- 2.12 University of California, Irvine (USA:CA) - Mexico and/or Central America
- 2.13 Utica College (USA:NY) - Afro-Latinx Studies and/or Diaspora
- 2.14 University of Notre Dame (USA:IN) pref. Afro-Latinx
- 2.15 Vassar College (USA: NY) - Immigration and race in Latin American and Latinx Studies
- 2.16 Washington and Lee University (USA:VA) - Asst. or Assoc., Latin American & Latinx
- 3 Pre-Colonial/Colonial
- 4 Colonial
- 5 Modern
RECENT ACTIVITY on Latin American History 2021-22 Wiki
2022/01/17 18:38- 126.96.36.199 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 18:38, 17 January 2022 Line 336: Line 336: * Link to apply: https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/30305. * Link to apply: https://careers.utrgv...
2022/01/16 15:24- 188.8.131.52 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 15:24, 16 January 2022 Line 226: Line 226: * Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be open until filled, with priority g...
2022/01/14 03:44- 184.108.40.206 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 03:44, 14 January 2022 Line 358: Line 358: *Review of applications will begin on '''15 November 2021''' *Review of applications will begin on...
2022/01/12 15:27- 5120j -
- Adding categories ← Older revision Revision as of 15:27, 12 January 2022 Line 358: Line 358: *Review of applications will begin on '''15 November 202...
2022/01/12 14:43- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 14:43, 12 January 2022 Line 213: Line 213: **Cross-listed with [[academicjobs:Spanish_and_Portuguese_2021-2022#Job_Postings|Spanish_and_Portuguese_...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Latin_American_History_2021-22?feed=rss&action=history
- Tenure track assistant professor in the field of Latin American history.
- Candidates should possess an earned doctorate in the appropriate field of study. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a research and teaching agenda appropriate for an R-1 institution and will be encouraged to seek research funding
- Your will be asked to provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae; copy of official transcripts showing the highest degree conferred (if ABD, also submit official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours), and a list of three references in the application process.
- Link: https://apply.interfolio.com/88604
- Deadline: 1 Oct. 2021
- Request for additional materials [8 Oct]
- Application withdrawn after they made it clear that you must be religious for the position.
Moved to North_American_History_2021-22
Bucknell University (USA: PA) - Post-Columbian
- Tenure-track assistant professorship in Latin American History, to begin in August 2022.
- Research approach and geographical area are open. Part of a cluster hire focusing on race.
- Ph.D. required at time of employment.
- Submit a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; a sample of scholarship; and three letters of recommendation.
- To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2410329
- Review begins: 13 Sept. 2021
- interview request 14 Sept for Sept 29th and October 1st
- Campus visit (11 Oct)
Eastern Illinois University (USA:IL) - Latin America or Latinx
- tenure-track position in Latin American or Latinx History at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin 16 Aug. 2022
- Subfields open, though ability to teach courses in U.S. history a plus
- Teaching: The successful candidate will teach survey courses, upper-division and MA courses in their field(s) of specialization, and methods and capstone courses as necessary. This position will contribute to the Latin American and Latinx Studies Minor.
- To apply, please submit the following: a cover letter specifying the applicant's interest in and qualifications for the position; CV; and the names and contact information of three references. Please submit application materials on Interfolio via the link http://apply.interfolio.com/95991.
- Review begins: 1 Nov. 2022
- Recommendation letters, sample syllabi, and a writing sample will be requested if the candidate advances to the preliminary interview stage.
- Tenure track position in Latin American History at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin in the Fall 2022 term.
- Period and specialization are open, while the Department’s teaching and research interests focus on the modern period.
- A PhD in history or a closely related field in hand by the time of appointment. Applicants must be able to demonstrate significant research promise and teaching competence.
- Applicants should upload a cover letter that includes a description of their contribution to diversity and inclusion in higher education through their teaching, research and/or experience. In particular, candidates should describe how they foster an inclusive and pluralistic environment in the classroom. The application should also include a research and teaching statement, a current curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and names and contact information of three references.
- Review of applications will begin on 18 November 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
- Canada Research Chair, History of Latin America, Date d’entrée en fonction : À partir de l’été 2023
- Le statut de titulaire d’une Chaire de recherche du Canada permet de dédier davantage de temps à des travaux de recherche dans sa charge professorale. Les fonctions incluent les activités de recherche, de publication et de rayonnement, l’enseignement aux trois cycles d’études, l’encadrement aux 2e et 3e cycles, et toute autre activité prévue à la convention collective des professeures et professeurs de l’Université Laval
- Les candidates et les candidats devront posséder un doctorat dans la discipline concernée et devront fournir la preuve de leur excellence en enseignement et en recherche.
- Dans le cadre de cet appel, le Département de sciences historiques accueille les candidatures qui s’inscrivent dans le champ de recherche de l’histoire de l’Amérique latine.
- Deadline: 8 Nov. 2021 4pm local time.
Regis University (USA:CO) - Latin America and/or Iberian Atlantic
- Tenure-track position in the history of Latin America and/or the Iberian Atlantic at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 1, 2022.
- The area and period of specialization are open.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to teach the department’s survey courses in both Latin American and European history. Though full consideration will be given to those whose teaching expertise primarily resides in one geographic region or the other.
- The standard teaching load is typically 3x3.
- Regis is a Jesuit Catholic liberal arts college in Denver, Colorado.
- Questions may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Michael Chiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Required materials: CV, cover letter, teaching statement, diversity statement
- Submit all materials electronically to: https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/RegisUniversity.
- Deadline for full consideration: 15 October. The position will remain open until filled. S
- First round interviews will be conducted via Zoom the week of 29 November.
Santa Clara University (USA: CA) - pref. Mexican History
- Tenure-track assistant professor position in Latin American and Caribbean history
- Area and period of research specialty are open, but we are particularly interested in candidates whose research focuses on Mexican history.
- Especially welcome are candidates whose research and teaching focus on Latin American history with intersecting interests in fields such as U.S.-Mexico Border Studies, Afro-Latinx Studies, Critical Race Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Transnational Studies, or Diasporic Studies.
- This search is part of a cluster hire in Race, Inequality, and Social Justice.
- A Ph.D. in Latin American History is required, but advanced ABDs may apply if the PhD will be completed by the contract start date.
- A foreign national who is appointed to a tenured or tenure-track faculty position is eligible for sponsorship
- The official load for tenure-track faculty is seven courses over three academic quarters, with a one-course reduction for research-active faculty. That is, the typical load is two 10-week courses per academic quarter, for three quarters.
- Santa Clara University is a private, Jesuit, Catholic university located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley that is committed to promoting social justice in a liberal arts educational setting.
- Materials required: CV, cover letter, article-length writing sample, teaching statement and portfolio (syllabi and evaluations), research statement, diversity statement, a statement of how the candidate's research plans might foster intradepartmental and interdepartmental connections across the college and the university's, unofficial grad transcript, 3 letters of reference
- Letter writers should email references to email@example.com.
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply at www.scu.edu/hr/careers/faculty.cfm
- Deadline: 15 October 2021
- Selected applicants will be contacted for Zoom interviews in December, followed by on-campus interviews in January
Spelman College (USA:GA), pref. African diaspora
- Department of History is hiring a tenure-track appointment, Assistant Professor in Latin America and Caribbean History, preferably with an African Diaspora focus.
- Spelman is a college for women and an historically Black liberal arts college
- Ability to teach courses in at least one of the following specializations: women, gender and sexuality; society and culture; migration; labor; economics; environmental history; political history.
- A working knowledge of instructional technologies and Digital Humanities will be an advantage.
- Hire must have the doctoral degree in hand by August 2022.
- Required materials: CV, cover letter, research statement, teaching statement, transcripts, letters of recommendation
- Apply: https://spelman.peopleadmin.com/postings/3804
- Closing date: 26 November 2021
Texas Christian University (USA:TX) - [Senior Hire] Latin American Studies
- Neville G. Penrose Chair in History and Latin American Studies, at the rank of advanced associate or full professor, to begin August 2022
- Applications from scholars of all time periods and specializations within Latin American history are welcome and will receive full consideration
- Teaching Load: 1/1 "Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Latin American history, supervising honors theses, and directing students at the M.A. and Ph.D. levels. Candidates must carry out a scholarly research and publication agenda and contribute service at the department, college, and university level"
- Applications should be submitted online through the TCU Human Resources website at https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/listing/.
- Fill out personal/contact information and voluntary survey and then upload a letter of application, full CV, and one-page statement addressing how the candidate will contribute to diversity, equity, and inclusion at TCU. Please have three confidential letters of reference emailed directly from the reviewer or dossier service to email@example.com.
- Review begins: 15 Sept. 2021 and continues until position filled
- The Department of History at Tufts University seeks a tenure-stream historian of Latin America, at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Specialists in all periods and subfields are welcome to apply.
- Candidates will be expected to teach two courses per semester, in a rotation that includes surveys of pre-modern and modern periods as well as specialized courses.
- Qualifications: A PhD in History at time of hire and evidence of strong scholarly accomplishment or potential required; strong teaching experience preferred.
- Application letters should be addressed to Dr. James Rice, Search Committee Chair.
- Materials: Cover letter, CV, writing sample, 3 letters of reference
- All application materials must be submitted via Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/92752
- Review of applications begins 1 October 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
- Preliminary interviews will be conducted in late October or early November.
- Zoom interview Oct.28
University of California, Irvine (USA:CA) - Mexico and/or Central America
- The Departments of History and Comparative Literature at UCI seeks a tenure-track assistant professor in the cultural history of Mexico and/or Central America (open period).
- Preference for scholars working on Indigenous communities and/or environmental humanities.
- Collaborative search, for potential appointment in one or both departments.
- Qualifications: PhD in History, Comparative Literature, Spanish or an interdisciplinary field. ABD may be considered. PhD must be completed by 7/1/2022.
- Materials: Cover letter, CV, teaching statement, diversity statement, writing sample, list of 3 references.
- Application materials must be submitted via https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07021.
- Applications submitted by 1 November 2021 will receive full consideration.
- Cross-listed with Spanish_and_Portuguese_2021-2022
Utica College (USA:NY) - Afro-Latinx Studies and/or Diaspora
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in History who specializes in Afro-Latinx Studies and the African-Latinx Diaspora, to start August 1, 2022.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in the History curriculum in their primary field of research as well as aid in the development of the new major in Africana Studies.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. are preferred, but ABD candidates will be considered upon evidence of near completion of degree.
- Candidates’ degrees will be in History with primary research area grounded in Latin America and the Afro-Latinx Diasporic Experience.
- To apply, submit a letter of application, CV, Statement of Teach Philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. Candidates are asked to submit an additional reflective statement about teaching in the required applicant document titled “diversity statement”.
- All application materials must be submitted online at the following link: https://uc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3343
- Applications received by 23 November 2021 will receive consideration.
- The phrasing on this job ad is a little misleading. It sounds like they are primarily interested in Afro-Latin American + diaspora history.
University of Notre Dame (USA:IN) pref. Afro-Latinx
Moved to North_American_History_2021-22
Vassar College (USA: NY) - Immigration and race in Latin American and Latinx Studies
- The Latin American and Latino/a Studies Program seeks to hire an Assistant Professor of Latin American and Latinx Studies.
- This hire is part of Vassar’s five-position Cluster Hire Initiative in the Study of Race, Racism, and Racial Justice.
- We seek a social scientist with a multidisciplinary perspective and research competence in the study of immigration, race, and political or citizenship rights of populations from Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or North American Latinx communities.
- We are especially interested in scholars whose intersectional research, teaching, and praxis focus on historically vulnerable populations, including Indigenous, women and children, LGBTQIA, dis/abled, and/or Afro-Latinx immigrants.
- The successful applicant will offer core courses in Latin American and Latinx Studies, along with multidisciplinary courses on immigration and race that will be cross-listed with the Political Science Department and the American Studies Program.
- A Ph.D. in the social sciences or related fields is required.
- Materials required: C.V., cover letter, diversity statement, unofficial graduate school transcripts, teaching statement, and three letters of reference.
- For inquiries, email Eréndira Rueda, Director of Latin American and Latinx Studies at [].
- Application link: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2148
- For full consideration, applicants should apply by 8 November 2021.
Washington and Lee University (USA:VA) - Asst. or Assoc., Latin American & Latinx
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Latin American and Latina/o/x History, to begin Aug. 2022
- Area and period of research specialty are open, but candidates whose research and teaching explore issues related to race, gender, class, sexuality, indigeneity, migration, and immigration are particularly welcome
- Teaching Load: Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to teach the department’s two-term introductory sequence in Latin American history, and to offer courses in their own area of specialization at all levels. Candidates should also be prepared to contribute to the university’s interdisciplinary Latin American and Caribbean Studies program
- Candidates should submit a letter of application describing their teaching interests, experience, and pedagogical philosophy; summarizing their current and future scholarship; and reflecting their work with a diverse student population. Applicants should also provide a CV and a list of three references.
- Semi-finalists will be asked to supply three confidential letters of recommendation and a writing sample before their interview
- All materials should be uploaded here: apply.interfolio.com/90430.
- For more information, please contact Prof. Molly Michelmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review begins: 4 Oct. 2021
- Semi-finalists will be interviewed via Zoom
- [15 Oct] Request for Interview (x 2)
- [20 Oct] Rejection email
College of the Holy Cross (USA:MA) - Early Modern
- Full-time tenure-track appointment to begin in August 2022 in Early Modern Latin America (pre-contact to 1791) with a preferred focus on indigenous history
- Of particular interest will be the candidate whose work and teaching centers on empire and colonial networks, and indigenous collaborations and resistanc
- Teaching Load: 3/2 "The successful candidate will be prepared to teach a Colonial Latin America survey and new courses on empire and indigenous history in Latin America from trans-regional perspectives before 1791...
- Please submit a cover letter addressing the position requirements listed above, curriculum vitae, statement on teaching, transcripts, and three confidential letters of recommendation. In your cover letter, in addition to describing your research and teaching interests, please address how your scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and/or service might support the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity. The College of the Holy Cross uses Interfolio to collect all faculty job applications electronically. Please submit all application materials to https://apply.interfolio.com/92238.
- Review begins: 17 Sept. 2021 and continues until position filled
- Zoom interview Oct. 12
University of Texas-Austin (USA: TX) [tenure-track position]
- The Department of History at The University of Texas at Austin seeks to hire a scholar at any stage of an Assistant Professor level for a full-time, tenure-track position with specialization in any area of the history of Colonial Latin America.
- Qualified applicants will have a PhD in hand by August 18, 2022.
- To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/84102
- Qualified candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The review of applications will begin 1 November and continue until the position is filled.
- After initial review, candidates may be asked to submit additional materials.
University of Texas-Austin (USA: TX) [Senior hire]
- Department of History at The University of Texas at Austin seeks to hire an advanced tenured Associate or Full Professor in Latin American Colonial History
- Specific area of specialization open, although scholars who work on race, class, gender, or colonial encounters and native history are especially encouraged to apply.
- This hire is part of a major departmental initiative in transnational history.
- Applicants may currently hold the rank of either associate or full professor.
- Required materials: CV and cover letter
- To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/84098
- The review of applications will begin immediately [6 Oct.] and continue until the position is filled.
- After initial review, candidates may be asked to submit additional materials.
University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley (USA: TX)
- The University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley seeks a tenure-track, Assistant Professor of History, specializing in Colonial Latin American History.
- All regions will be considered.
- UTRGV is a Hispanic-serving institution. [An HSI is defined in federal law as an institution of higher education with 25%+ Hispanic or Latino undergraduates.]
- Doctoral degree must be conferred by 31 August 2022.
- Materials required: CV, cover letter, unofficial transcript, writing sample, teaching statement, list of references
- Link to apply: https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/30305.
- Deadline: 31 December 2021
- Assistant professorship in the history of modern Latin America
- Applicants should provide a cover letter, cv, and two page dissertation or book abstract. At least three referees should be entered into the online system, which will automatically generate requests for letters.
- For candidates who do not yet have a PhD, the recommendation of the principal advisor must include precise information on the present state of the dissertation and the likelihood of completion by summer 2022
- Review begins: 15 Oct. 2021
- Tenure-track, Assistant Professor in modern Latin American history
- Required: ability to teach courses in the geographical area of specialty, race and ethnicity, Mexican history, and the history of the Americas.
- The department encourages applications from candidates whose research focuses on one or more of the following subfields – environmental history, cultural history, historical archeology, public history, post-colonialism, migrations and borders, inequality, and human rights.
- A PhD is required by the time of appointment.
- Required materials: Cover Letter, CV, Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness, Sample of Scholarly Writing, 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Please direct questions to Professor Stephen Bittner, Chair, Latin American History Search, email@example.com
- Salary: $75,000
- Applications may be submitted online at https://employment.sonoma.edu/en-us/listing/
- Review of applications will begin on 15 November 2021