Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Medieval Literature advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
Next year's page: Medieval 2021-2022
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Medieval 2020-2021 Wiki
2021/08/18 12:30- 5120j -
- link to next year ← Older revision Revision as of 12:30, 18 August 2021 Line 1: Line 1: + − The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel). An...
2021/07/22 08:03- Galia.benziman -
- Instructions ← Older revision Revision as of 08:03, 22 July 2021 Line 4: Line 4: ==Instructions== ==Instructions== Please add jobs in t...
2021/07/22 08:02- Galia.benziman -
- Hebrew University, tenure-track position, deadline 31 August 2021 ← Older revision Revision as of 08:02, 22 July 2021 Line 1: Line 1: + The Hebrew...
2021/07/22 07:12- 184.108.40.206 -
- Instructions ← Older revision Revision as of 07:12, 22 July 2021 Line 2: Line 2: ==Instructions== ==Instructions== Please add jobs in t...
2021/06/23 10:43- 220.127.116.11 -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 10:43, 23 June 2021 Line 27: Line 27: ==Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines==...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Medieval_2020-2021?feed=rss&action=history
View page history: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Medieval_2020-2021?action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
University of Göttingen (Germany). Lecturer. Digital Paleography. Deadline: 9 July 2021. Permanent. FT. Job ad.
- Prospective date for on-campus interviews 23 July 2021.
University of Groningen (Netherlands). Lecturer. Middle English Language and Literature. Deadline: 20 June 2021. One-year fixed-term. Job ad.
- This is an open search. There are no internal or preferred candidates.
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines
Albany State University (USA:Georgia). Assistant Professor. Early British Literature. Open until filled. TT. FT. Job ad.
- Interviewed (7/20)
- Offered/Accepted (7/21)
College of the Holy Cross (USA:Mass). Visiting Faculty, Open Rank. Medieval Literature. Deadline: 27 July 2020. NTT. FT. Job ad MLA.
Converse College (USA: South Carolina). Assistant Professor. Medieval Literature. Deadline: Nov 6, 2020. TT. FT. Job Ad .
- 11/24 -- has anyone heard anything about this one?
- No (11/24); No [12/1]; No [12/7] No [4/10]
- 12/7: Emailed to ask the tentative schedule for the review process. Due to college and department policies, they were unable to provide any information other than they are moving forward carefully reviewing applications (apparently, there are a lot of them) and there are no delays. Not sure if that is helpful at all, but that's the response you would receive if you emailed them.
- 12/11: Received a request for an interview
- 1/8: During the interview, the committee advised that they would be in contact on/around February 15th about campus visits
- 2/16: Anyone hear about campus visits?
Eureka College (USA:IL) Assistant Professor. Medieval/Generalist.
- Interviewed a few weeks ago. Anyone heard anything?
- 1/15: Saw on Twitter that someone had accepted the job.
Flagler College (Florida: USA). Assistant Professor. Medieval and/or Renaissance Literature. Deadline: 30 March 2021. NTT (no tenure system). FT.
- 3/31 email notification that the search has ended