When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
Please add entries in alphabetical order. Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
History of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Islands
University of Hawai‘i - West O‘ahu
- tenure-track assistant professor position, starting in August 2015.
- Candidate must have an earned doctorate in U.S. history, history of Hawai‘i, or history of the Pacific Islands.
- Continuous review of applications beginning on October 31.
- "This position will entail teaching upper and lower division courses in American history, introductory courses in world history, courses in the history of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Islands, and upper division courses outside the candidate’s specialization as needed."
- Visit workatuh.hawaii.edu/jobs for more details.
- Lectureship (~tenured Asst/Assoc Prof) in Australian History
- "The department invites applications for a Lecturer (Level B) in Australian History. The candidate must have been awarded a PhD in any aspect of Australian history and demonstrate the potential for outstanding scholarly achievement in her/his area of specialisation. The successful candidate will teach at all levels of the department's program, from first year and senior undergraduate units to the supervision of students at postgraduate level. Demonstrated ability to teach history units in twentieth-century Australian society and culture is essential. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and a commitment to teamwork in curriculum development and other areas of administration. Desirable attributes include experience in the supervision of research students and a commitment to innovation in learning and teaching, including blended learning environments."
- Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1021/0514 for more information and to apply.
- Deadline: 11.30pm (Sydney time) 30 Jun. 2014