Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Restoration / 18th Century Literature advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
RECENT ACTIVITY on Restoration / 18th Century British 2020-2021 Wiki
2021/06/27 13:59- Pqtrpqtr -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 13:59, 27 June 2021 Line 77: Line 77: 4/23: Interview/job talk s...
2021/04/24 06:52- 126.96.36.199 -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 06:52, 24 April 2021 Line 75: Line 75: 4/23: Has anyone heard if...
2021/04/23 14:08- Nonezoa -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 14:08, 23 April 2021 Line 73: Line 73: <nowiki>*</nowik...
2021/03/29 22:10- 188.8.131.52 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 22:10, 29 March 2021 Line 69: Line 69: Do you know how rec letters were requested? Were applicants notified or just recommenders?...
2021/03/20 10:00- 184.108.40.206 -
- Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines ← Older revision Revision as of 10:00, 20 March 2021 Line 69: Line 69: Do you know how rec lette...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Restoration_/_18th_Century_British_2020-2021?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines
College of the Holy Cross (USA:Mass). Visiting Faculty, Open Rank. 18th & 19th Century Literature, The Novel. Deadline: 27 July 2020. NTT. FT. Job ad MLA Updates:
Hamilton College (USA: NY). Assistant Professor. Assistant Professor of Literature and Creative Writing 18th and Early 19th C Literature and Culture. Deadline: 1 November 2020. TT. FT. Job ad MLA Updates:
- Any news?
- Strong suspicion this was an inside hire
- Would you explain why? They don't seem to have an internal candidate who would meet the qualifications outlined in the job description (e.g. comparative scholarship), as far as one can tell from their faculty profiles.
- The background of the c18 visiting person who's been there since 2017 struck me as uncannily similar to the job description--but, again, merely a suspicion!
- I used to teach in another department there and can say that Hamilton occasionally hires its VAPs, but does a national search as well. Couple of folks in English came to the department that way. Also, as someone noted on the American Lit page, they recycled the job description from the ad used a few years ago to hire the VAP now on faculty. Here's the language from that position for comparison's sake... Restoration/18th-Century 2017#Hamilton College .28NY.29 - Visiting Assistant Professor Literature and Creative Writing .2818th Century Literature.29 - OFFER ACCEPTED... oh well...
2/05: the three final candidates have completed their campus interviews.
2/24/21: Brief rejection email.
Birmingham-Southern College (USA: AL). Assistant Professor. Long 18th Century British and American. Deadline: 14 November 2020. TT. FT. Job ad MLA Updates:
12/09: Snail mail rejection received
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
York University (Toronto). Assistant Professor in Global Eighteenth Century. Deadline: Feb. 19, 2021. TT. FT. http://webapps.yorku.ca/academichiringviewer/viewposition.jsp?positionnumber=2110
3/3: Has anyone heard anything about this yet?
3/18: Anyone? Bueller?
3/18: Letters of recommendation requested
Do you know how rec letters were requested? Were applicants notified or just recommenders?
3/29: Rejection email
*Applicants were asked to provide information about their recommenders in a new step of the application that opened up on the portal. Presumably the recommenders or interfolio are alerted afterward depending on the information entered.
4/23: Has anyone heard if interviews have been scheduled yet?
4/23: Interview/job talk scheduled
University of Iceland. Assistant Professor/Lecturer in English Literature. The Department of English at the University of Iceland invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Literature. Deadline: March 1st, 2021. TT. FT. https://english.hi.is/vacancies
SC member here: The online application form doesn't specify this, but it would be best to include in your attachments: a Cover Letter, a complete CV, a Statement of Teaching Philosophy, and a Writing Sample, preferably an article.