Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Translation Studies advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines
University of Essex (UK:Esx), Dep. of Language & Linguistics. Lecturer in Chinese Translation and Interpreting. Deadline: 24 July 2020. TT. PT. Job ad on jobs.ac.uk Updates:
The Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation (GPTI) at National Taiwan University (NTU) announces one full-time faculty position.
I. General requirements: Except as otherwise specified, minimum requirements include a Ph.D. and a strong publication record in a relevant field. All full-time faculty members are required to teach courses in both the graduate and undergraduate Translation and Interpretation programs and are obliged to direct theses, mentor students, and serve on various university and program committees.
Track 1— Chinese-English Translation:
- Research expertise and teaching experience in translation
- Proof of professional translation experience
- A variety of specializations preferred
Track 2— Chinese-English Interpreting:
- Research expertise and teaching experience in interpreting
- A minimum of 5 years of professional practice in Chinese-English/English-Chinese interpreting
III. Salary and Rank: Commensurate with qualifications, initial salaries plus bonus range approximately from 955,530 NTD per annum for assistant professors to 1,352,227 NTD per annum for full professors with a regular teaching load (9 hours per week for assistant and associate professors, 8 for full professors). Other benefits include family health insurance, research grants and awards (on a competitive basis), and university housing (subject to availability).
IV. Application Materials:
- A curriculum vitae (including list of publications)
- A photocopy of D. diploma; those who have not received their Ph.D. degree at the time of application must provide a formal statement from the doctoral institution indicating that the degree will be obtained by the time of the appointment
- Proof of past/current employment (if applicable)
- Proof of relevant professional experience
- Statement of research interests
- Syllabi of courses taught
- Official transcripts or academic reports from the highest academic institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Publications (Ph.D. dissertation included) within the past 7 years
V. Application Deadline and General Information:
Appointment begins on August 1, 2021. All applicants must e-mail a completed application form to Ms. Vicky Li (email@example.com) and send hard copies of the application materials by December 25, 2020 to:
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Graduate Program in Translation and Interpretation
College of Liberal Arts, National Taiwan University
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed. All information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality. National Taiwan University appointments are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
International applicants must comply with labor laws and meet immigration requirements. Other NTU regulations may apply. Please direct inquiries to Ms. Vicky Li (firstname.lastname@example.org). This announcement and other information about GPTI are also available at http://gpti.ntu.edu.tw/.